Conquer Civilization's New World Through Policies And Ideologies

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Conquer Civilization's New World Through Policies And Ideologies

Unique wonders and new powers await, with culture purchases.

Civilization V: A Brave New World [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123898-Civilization-V-Video-Shows-How-Art-Wins-Games] isn't that far off, and to give you another glimpse at what's to come the folks at 2K want you to take a look at the changes made to the policies tree, and what you might be able to do with these newfangled ideologies. Do you believe in Freedom, Order, or Autocracy? Will you explore your way to victory, or put all your faith in aesthetics? There's new wonders to be built, new powers to be unlocked; all kinds of possibilities, oh glorious leader!

The glorious monuments to be built through ideology are part of the eight new wonders promised for the Brave New World expansion. The powers granted by the industrial age's ideology branch will, 2K says, "grant access to increasingly powerful abilities, and [serve] the different victory conditions in unique ways." Diplomacy will get a significant bump with the introduction of the World Congress, a body which determines, among other things, what happens to rogue nations, where the World Games will be held, and how resources are used.

If you want to know more about Brave New World, best take a gander over here [http://www.civilization5.com/bravenewworld/]. Be patient! You still have a short ways to go; this one doesn't release until July 2013.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Al-dous Ideology trees are giving me a politics boner
I imagine that to be just like a normal boner...... but with a dimpled chad.

Anyway.... don't think I can be more exited for this expansion!!!!

digital warrior

Oct 17, 2008
Wuvlycuddles said:
DVS BSTrD said:

No its a boner that leans heavily to the left or right and ultimately get nothing done.

also another week of my life that is to vanish into the ether because Civ 5.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
digital warrior said:
Wuvlycuddles said:
DVS BSTrD said:

No its a boner that leans heavily to the left or right and ultimately get nothing done.

also another week of my life that is to vanish into the ether because Civ 5.
Now now we all know you aren't just gonna lose ONE week. YOu're gonna lose a week, feel guilty, repair the broken relationshipos, then a month later lose another week and emerge from your room thinking "why do I have this sense of de ja vu?"

OT: I'm really looking forward to playing with the new stuff :D Let me dominate culture even faster.