Skyrim: Legendary Edition Strategy Guide Might Break Your Bookshelf

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
Skyrim: Legendary Edition Strategy Guide Might Break Your Bookshelf

Everyone knows there's a lot of content in Skyrim, so cataloguing all of it is going to take a pretty big book.

How big, you ask? Big enough that the folks at Prima made an infographic just to tell you [http://www.bethblog.com/2013/05/31/legendary-editions-massive-game-guide/]. The Prima Game Guide spans 1,100 pages for a total of 785,000 words. For the record, that's longer than the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy. The hardcover edition of the guide weighs in at six pounds, so you definitely don't want this one falling onto your toes. The secrets held within are the results of over 3,000 hours of "study" by Prima's experts.

I feel like I know Skyrim pretty well, but these guys have logged a few more hours into the game than I have. Their wisdom will guide you through the 350+ quests of Skyrim and its expansions, and those who don't care much for literature can enjoy the guide's 4,000 full-color screenshots. At that point, budget gamers could probably get the full experience just by reading through the guide, avoiding the need to spend money on accessories like the actual game.

Skyrim: Legendary Edition is the compulsory rerelease of the 2011 game with all the DLC in one package. The new Prima guide will be sold alongside the Legendary Edition at GameStop, Amazon, and Best Buy. The tome comes in two flavors: the paperback print will set you back $30, while the hardcover Collector's Edition includes a 24-inch poster of Alduin's Wall and comes with classy ribbon bookmarks, sold for $50.

Source: Bethesda [http://www.primagames.com/pages/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-legendary-edition-game-guide]

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
I've got room, right next to my Alduin statue. Hope it's going to contain the book texts from the game, I'm bad at reading those in-game.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
That's no strategy guide, it's a bloody tome. The contents of which just happen to be what you might find in a strategy guide.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Well there is the Internet for this sort of thing, so I'm pretty sure the main reason this will get bought is that it looks so freaking classy.

Also, here's me trying to be funny: Do you only have to look at the first page to take in all the information within the book?

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Fifty bucks! That's pretty good value man.

I've paid more for far less of a book.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Oh hey, look at the empty space on my bookshelf!

That would look really nice there and that's actually not that bad of a price for a freakin' tome.

So want. :D

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
The regular strategy guide was huge, this thing is the strategy guide equivalent of War And Peace.

To be fair, though, Skyrim is big enough to demand such a large strategy guide.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Dr.Susse said:
Fifty bucks! That's pretty good value man.

I've paid more for far less of a book.
Though, I know some group of people somewhere will have something bad to say about it.

I've never had problems with the amount or quality of the things I get when I get special/collector's editions of items(though usually it is game collector's editions), but it seems like all the ones I've got in the past have had a rabid following of people that complain how what they get for the extra money isn't enough or isn't "quality" product.

Most of the ones I got tended to be editions that only cost around 20 bucks more, but some people seem to think that 20 dollars extra means super high quality. These days people don't seem to realize that 20 extra bucks means the extras will be slightly above flimsy bargain bin quality at best.

This Skyrim Legendary edition guide:
Fifty bucks for the hardcover is right at the low end of where actual quality starts when buying an item.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
8M1ke8 said:
Someone needs to mod that book into the game as a weapon...
Even better if it could do half the stuff Margaret from Persona 4 could do with her book.

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
I have no need for this, and yet I want a copy to go on my shelf. It's much more impressive looking than the unlabeled CD case with my backup of the game from Steam.

ASan83

Mar 11, 2011
Jeebus, and I thought the vanilla Skyrim guide was thick. I've had history textbooks smaller than that thing.

MrWunderful

Filthy Console Peasant
May 27, 2013
I think a lot of the purchases will come from people who are skyrim junkies that like the way it looks, which is awesome. I can only imagine how much of an undertaking it was to put that thing together too. That is worth the 50.00 right there.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
I actually read strategy guides for fun in my spare time if they are lying around. This is definitely up my alley.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Ladies and gentlemen, the first strategy guide I've been remotely interested in since the early days of the PS2. Thanks to faqs and wikis, there isn't much use for them as actual game tools, but this is a beautiful piece of memorabilia. It doesn't have to be functional, you just have to be a fan of the series.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
...and half of that is just covering bugs!

*Ba Dum Tsh*

But seriously, I want this. I have never bought a strategy guide before. I have never required the use of a strategy guide before (discounting UESP.net of course!) but this is something I need in my life...