Game of Thrones Goes A Capella

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Game of Thrones Goes A Capella

If you're depressed about recent events in the land of Westeros, here's something to cheer you up.

If you're at all in tune to the internet you're probably aware that something went down on the most recent episode of Game of Thrones, "The Rains of Castamere." We won't spoil it, but suffice it to say one of the most brutal and depressing moments in the series occurred, leaving more than a few HBO subscribers bawling their eyes out while their book reading friends pointed, laughed and posted videos to (Spoiler Warning!) <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE>YouTube. That said, even those who knew just how bad it was going to get could probably use a little pick-me-up right now, and for that we give you: the Game of Thrones theme a capella.

Put together by the gentleman at The Warp Zone YouTube channel, the a capella version takes the epic nature of the original version and turns it into an amusing performance complete with send ups to actor Peter Dinklage and the show's tendency to include sometimes extraneous appearances of the female anatomy. The funniest moment is probably at the one minute mark when one of the assembled singers tries to bust an out instrument, to the chagrin of his compatriot.

Granted, this might not be enough to cheer beleaguered fans up on its own. That said, there is plenty more Game of Thrones to look forward to and, as we snooty folk who have read the books already know, there's some sweet retribution in store for the future that just might do the trick.

Source: <a href=http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWarpZone?feature=watch>The Warp Zone

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
This has been out for two days, but it's still quite cool.

I love the Warp Zone, from Davis' magnificient hair and beard combo to Shroeder's...

Well just Shroeder himself.

I find them to be a less hyperactive version of Smosh, and that's why I like them.

Also they're ABOUT games.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
So inaccurate! If they were really going for GoT A Capella, half of half of them would be dead by the time the intro was finished :p
"In the game of A Capella, you sing or you die"

Well, unless Davis gets you first(the long haired guy).

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
Let's be honest here. We may not all have 5 piece choruses to do this, but we all totally do this every Sunday night.

AkatsukiLeader13

Mar 12, 2012
Yeah, yeah we do. At least for ten weeks out of the year then we spend the rest of the year wishing for that the next ten weeks would come faster.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
haha... this is pretty much me at the beginning of every episode.