PS Plus Adding Uncharted 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
PS Plus Adding Uncharted 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Sony has revealed it will be adding three more games to PlayStation Plus Instant Library line-up for June.

If you haven't heard of PlayStation Plus, it's Sony's service where you pay a subscription fee (<a href=https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/reward_game/playstationplus-1-year-membership/cid=IP9101-NPIA90005_01-1YEARPACKAGE0000>about $5 a month) and gain access to cloud storage, discounts on PSN goods and, perhaps best of all, access to free games. At first thought you might assume the service is loaded down with games you wouldn't want to touch with a ten-foot clown pole, but it actually features quite a few quality titles, including some of Sony and friend's biggest name franchises.

For instance, the month of June has already seen Deus Ex: Human Revolution added to the service's Instant Library of downloadable games. Now, Sony has announced that it will also be throwing in the single-player campaign from Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, XCOM: Enemy Unknown and LittleBigPlanet: Karting, as well. Uncharted 3's multiplayer was already been made available to PSN members <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122375-Sony-Launches-Free-to-Play-Uncharted-3-Multiplayer>earlier this year and allowed gamers to play, free-of-charge, up to level 15. All three games should be joining the Instant Library next week.

They'll be followed, later this month, by Machinarium, Saints Row The Third, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward and God Eater Burst, which makes June a pretty good month for subscribers, whether they own a PS3 or Vita. It's worth noting that you only get access to the Instant Library for the duration of your subscription, but considering that XCOM on its own will cost you $39.99 in the PlayStation Store, it's a pretty good deal if you can let go of the need to own the game.

Source: PlayStation Blog

sturryz

Nov 17, 2007
This excites me, I just signed up for a 3 month plus subscription, and then they threw in some truly great games. I have been waiting for an chance to play the new X-Com for awhile.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Well that does it. From now on I'm not buying any games until I have time to play them. I *just* picked up Uncharted 3 and VLR a month ago. Same thing has happened with inFamous 2, Gravity Rush, and Deus Ex (though I bought Deus Ex on the PC, so that doesn't really count)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about free games. As a matter of fact, my love of PS+ is why I will most likely get a PS4 next year, I'm just complaining about my own irresponsible buying habits.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
This is pretty impressive. When PS+ came around my brother wanted to get it and I figured it would be a waste of time, but the month of June alone is worth a years subscription.

sid said:
Know what Xbox plus gets you? An xbox
Okay I'll admit, this cracked me up =D

-------------------------------------
I've been reckoning that Sony are going to end up announcing all the same DRM as the One, but actually thinking about it. They probably won't. Sony's plan is clearly trying to get everyone hooked onto never-ending Plus membership and Plus membership is somewhat similar to the One DRM, except it actually gives you good things instead of taking away things you already had

Zer0Saber

Aug 20, 2008
Damn you Plus. I have a 750 gig hard drive and your making me run out of space. I haven't even gotten around to playing most of the games you've given me and you just keep adding more.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/05/15/playstation-plus-your-june-update/

For people in Europe, although we are getting the same three year-long games.

Turns out we've already had Deus Ex D:

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
Zer0Saber said:
Damn you Plus. I have a 750 gig hard drive and your making me run out of space. I haven't even gotten around to playing most of the games you've given me and you just keep adding more.
Try an 80 gig hard drive. Damn, I need to make space. But I'm glad I downloaded Sleeping Dogs before it was swapped out. My friends have been egging me to play XCOM and now I can play it for free. Yay for procrastination!

sid said:

I do not pity xbox users

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
PoolCleaningRobot said:
Zer0Saber said:
Try an 80 gig hard drive. Damn, I need to make space. But I'm glad I downloaded Sleeping Dogs before it was swapped out. My friends have been egging me to play XCOM and now I can play it for free. Yay for procrastination!

sid said:

I do not pity xbox users
I envy you both. I'm still just squeaking by on my 60GB fat-PS3. The backwards compatibility is nice, the small drive not so much.

Greyhamster

Nov 26, 2010
StewShearer said:
PoolCleaningRobot said:
Zer0Saber said:

sid said:

I do not pity xbox users
I envy you both. I'm still just squeaking by on my 60GB fat-PS3. The backwards compatibility is nice, the small drive not so much.
Heh, I had a 60 GB ps3 as well (No backwards compatibility though) but I switched the hard drive for the one in my broken laptop. It's just 320 gb, but it makes a massive difference. And you can buy decent (320-500 gb) laptop drives for 50-60 dollars if you look well enough. Well worth it to upgrade!

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Well, this rather sucks. E3 is right around the corner, and 2 of the best PS3 exclusives (LittleBigPlanet 2 and inFamous 2) are leaving the service.

Dammit, Sony! I'm too busy with schoolwork to bother getting the PS3 next week, even if I can get it before you kick those games out! Now the PS3 is less valuable to me, since I don't really want the incoming games. I really hope that the PS4 will have a large launch lineup, since I won't get a PS3 without knowing about PS4's streaming and launch games.

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
Super Not Cosmo said:
Playstation Plus is easily one of the best deals in gaming if not the best entirely.

My sister got my nephew a PS3 specifically because of Playstation Plus. She only had to spend the price of a PS3 plus 18 dollars every three months and my nephew always has new games he can play. Also, I've been a member now for quite a while and suffice to say I've yet to be disappointed. The games they offer may not always be my cup of tea but the times they aren't I usually have enough backlogged to occupy me until something comes along that is more to my taste.
You know what I always found so fascinating, and that people tend to forget regarding Playstation Plus? The free games, the Instant Game Collection, wasn't originally part of the subscription. Mostly it was for cloud saving, overnight patching, and game discounts. The FREE games came only a year ago at last year's E3, but what a difference that decision made regarding the service, eh? PS+ was already a pretty good deal, and the occasional PS1 or PS2 game would be free temporarily, but the IGC makes the whole service stupidly cost-effective.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
No way...

I was just thinking about buying Enemy Unknown. But now that it will be available for free, that saves me the hassle of going into town and paying the $40 that was going towards The Last of Us.

I fucking love Playstation Plus. It's so worth $50 a year.

UnnDunn

Aug 15, 2006
So basically I'm going to have about 3 days to play and finish Uncharted 3 before The Last of Us hits.

That's... going to be interesting. Not that I mind the challenge.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
My vita is out of space! Dammit Sony, why couldn't we have just had regular SD cards?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
UnnDunn said:
AC10 said:
My vita is out of space! Dammit Sony, why couldn't we have just had regular SD cards?
Because of PSP piracy.
Okay, well why do the proprietary cards need to cost $100 for 32 gigs?
I've literally stopped buying stuff on the PS store because I'm out of room. It's costing them money in the long run, IMO.