Crimson Dragon Announced as Xbox One Exclusive

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Crimson Dragon Announced as Xbox One Exclusive

The new dragon combat game will be directed by Panzer Dragoon-creator, Yukio Futatsugi.

While some technical difficulties robbed the initial reveal of any audio, Microsoft's E3 presentation nonetheless unveiled Crimson Dragon, a new on-rails shooter being developed and directed by Yukio Futatsugi, the creator of Panzer Dragoon and Phantom Dust. Crimson Dragon, much like it's Dragoon forebear, will give gamers the opportunity to take to the skies as a dragon riding warrior on a thus far unexplained quest to blow stuff up.

The trailer (now available with sound!) showed off what looks to be some fun arcade-style action pitting you and your dragon mount against a variety of creatures and enemies based in a slew of unique and colorful environments. The trailer also showed off several different dragon mounts, suggesting that players will have some choices as to which beast they bring to battle. It certainly doesn't look to be an overly complicated game, with its focus firmly on the whole "fly forward and shoot anything in your path" shtick, but looks can deceiving and it will likely be a welcome boon to gamers still reeling from the abysmal <a href=http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/lair>Lair on the PS3.

Though no release date was unveiled for Crimson Dragon, it will be exclusive to the Xbox One, giving Microsoft's new console another lure to help draw in gamers.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
So an on the rails shooter is one of the exclusives that are suppose to save the Xbone?

SilverBullets000

Apr 11, 2012
Oh, good. A game I've never heard of debuting on a system that I'd never want in my house. Ever.

I don't care if this thing released Jet Force Gemeni 2, Banjo-Kazooie: We did it right edition, Conker 2, and a fuckload of other things I've been dying to see released, I'm not buying it.

darkszero

Apr 1, 2010
So, bumped from 360 to the xbone. I remember being interested (because dragons) but not that much because 360+kinect. With this, it's guranteed I'll never play this. Yay?

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Do the dragons have to be so... human like? I was hoping for some more, I dunno... 'inhuman' dragon design, I guess. Is there a dragonrider on that PC dragons back? Hmmm... I'd rather not play with a rider, either.

Maybe the narrative clears up some of my reservations, though I doubt it matters much, as I cannot afford to spend a huge chunk of cash on the One so that microsoft can watch me watch TV.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Holy shit, that's a launch game if I've ever seen one!

By which ofcourse I mean this totally stinks.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
NEW GENERATIONNN!!! Now, with the amazing NEW Panzer Dragoon part 12, except let's rename it to hide that fact!

I bet the real "new thing" is Kinect, which makes it impossible to play (either properly or for long).

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
SilverBullets000 said:
I don't care if this thing released Jet Force Gemeni 2, Banjo-Kazooie: We did it right edition
I would care so much it's not even funny. Not enough to buy a console like this, but I'd be crying to sleep.

And even though I like dragons, I'd never heard of this game before and it doesn't sound interesting, so the Xbox still has nothing for me.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Panzer Dragoon. Wow there's something I hadn't heard in a long while. Torn between saying I want to see new IP and knowing that I love games like that. Still I'm sure there will be enough new stuff to make up for the revamped old game. Going to be interesting to see things develop regardless. So far that makes two games I'm looking forward to that are Exclusives. Still not enough to sell me a system.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
This just makes me want to pull out my Saturn and have a nostalgia ride. I suppose I spent $125 on just the discs of Saga to beat it more than once... Shame that this isn't an RPG or some other forward movement of the genre like Saga was.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
The incredible thing is that someone actually thought that making Kid Icarus Uprising Sin and Punishment a random rail shooter with dragons would be fun.

I read "dragon combat" and immediately thought it would be dogfighting and free flight. I'd be disappointed if it were not a Xbone exclusive.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Bullshit.

Panzer Dragoon was one of my favorite games of all times, but now it's spiritual successor is going to be an Xbone exclusive? Garbage. Total garbage. Microsoft is retroactively ruining my childhood.

Also, everyone complaining about it being a railshooter has obviously not ever played Panzer Dragoon, because it's the raddest shit ever.

The battle against the Assault Carrier Vermana is easily, easily in my top five moments in gaming of all time.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Within 10 second I can easily tell it was related to Panzer dragon (I watched the trailer first before reading the text). It bring back memories watching that trailer.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Do you tilt your arms to bank and yell, "RAAAWR!" to fire?

I go back to Drakengard for all my dragon destruction needs.