John McAfee Snorts Bath Salts, Uninstalls McAfee Anti-Virus

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
John McAfee Snorts Bath Salts, Uninstalls McAfee Anti-Virus

Nobody does instructional videos on the internet like McAfee creator and self-proclaimed eccentric millionaire John McAfee.

Is McAfee Anti-Virus slowing your PC? Is it updating at inopportune times, or blocking sites you need to access? These things happen, but fortunately John McAfee is here to help.

You're likely familiar with Mr. McAfee's name for one of two reasons: McAfee Anti-Virus, the software he created back in the mid-80s, or his recent and rather bizarre movie [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121084-McAfee-Returns-to-America]. What's he been doing since he got back to the U.S.? Boning up on his tech support skills, apparently, in order to help out those of you who are having difficulties with McAfee AV and haven't heard that he actually resigned from the company in 1994.

There's really nothing else to say about this except that McAfee has phenomenal delivery, and I still can't tell if he's legitimately crazy or just brilliant, bored and messing with the world for kicks. Either way, if more software offered tutorial videos like this, I bet we'd all be a lot handier with our computers.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
The fact McAfee is making its way into more and more programs as an "optional" installation pisses me off.

Finally a place for me to vent about McAfee! lol

The commercial was...special

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
He may have earned his money by making anti-virus software, but he definitely found his vocation being an eccentric millionaire.

Also, I agree. There's not many people who could've delivered profanity-ridden user comments that well.

Parakeettheprawn

Apr 6, 2013
...the fuck did I just watch? And was the transformation into looking like Max Payne 3's Max Payne intentional or just a pure coincidence in similar aesthetics?

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
DTWolfwood said:
I...don't think this was a commercial, lol. I think it was a guy with way too much money on his hands doing whatever the hell he wanted.

Keith K

Oct 29, 2009
This may be the best thing ever posted to the internet. It's definitely a high-water mark for YouTube.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Wish I saw this at some point during the three years I had the bloody thing installed, ah well. Great vid sir and if by some twisted fate you're still on McAfee then switch to BitDefender. You'll love it.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
...you know, watching this, I get the sense that McAfee recently saw Bad Santa and wondered if he could do a similar thing...and now all I can think about is Billy Bob Thorton playing McAfee in the film about him...I can't tell yet if this is a terrible idea or an awesome one

Zombie_Moogle

Dec 25, 2008
DTWolfwood said:
The fact McAfee is making its way into more and more programs as an "optional" installation pisses me off.

Finally a place for me to vent about McAfee! lol

The worst is when they hide the option in "Custom Install"; that's just cold

Loved the video to my very bones

azriel2422

Jul 19, 2010
I don't know if he did any of the strange and terrible things he was accused of, but objectively speaking, this was pretty funny to me. He definitely has a sense of humor about how terrible his software is/has become.