Star Wars Ep VII Leak Details Characters

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Star Wars Ep VII Leak Details Characters

Episode VII has begun casting in the UK.

Save for a few small snippets, there isn't much known about Star Wars: Episode VII. We know that it will be a sequel to the original trilogy. We know that to George Lucas, we can also expect the central cast of the original trilogy to play a part in the new films. Beyond that those bits and pieces however, Lucasfilm, Disney and Abrams have stayed fairly mum on the project.

Now, however, it's been revealed that casting for the new film has begun in the UK and a list of character breakdowns has been leaked from that process. The cast of Episode VII will purportedly include:

A young man aged between 20 and 25, witty and smart, fit but not classically handsome,

Man in late twenties, also fit, but this one is handsome and confident.

Late teenage girl, independent, good sense of humour, also... physically fit .

Second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and physically fit.

Man in his forties, obviously physically fit, this one is a military type.

A man of around thirty or so, this one is an intellectual type.

Finally, a guy aged around seventy, strong opinions and tough.
Granted, this isn't all that much, but we've definitely learned a few things from this information. For one, "physically fit" seems to be a primary theme, though that was hardly unexpected. Beyond that however the cast actually sounds pretty diverse. In the least, it looks like we'll have a more varied mix of characters than the prequels which were filled to the brim with boring Jedi, CGI characters and the requisite "only woman in the galaxy."

Source: Deadline

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
No fatties allowed in Star Wars, eh?

I call discrimination!

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
So they finally got two females in a star wars movie.

Well, that's an achievement I suppose.

Beyond that this doesn't tell us much though but at least news has started trickling out now.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Shall we begin to slap on stereotypes on these fellas?

"Finally, a guy aged around seventy, strong opinions and tough," is prime grizzled veteran material.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
Late teenage girl, independent, good sense of humour, also... physically fit .
I wonder if those ellipses are meant to highlight the repetition of "physically fit" in this casting breakdown... or to emphasize that this first girl should also be packing a couple moons of Endor.

I can't believe I said that.

Also, it's sort of sad that the lead male actors are allowed to be in their mid to late twenties while the females need to be teenaged. The new trilogy obviously presents a potentially long run for whoever they end up casting, so they're clearly doing everything they can to avoid having to eventually film ghastly, elderly women in their late twenties and early thirties. I mean how gross are they, right?

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
T_T You know once just once I would like a main character outside of a comedy/drama/cartoon to be weighty without his adventure requiring him to become fit/constantly referring to his/her weight,someone I can relate too and say to myself "hey that could be me doing those things".

But what do we get a generic well built strong independent character Number:27637, all the heroes are well built idols and if they want to be edgy they give some over the top traumatic past that will torture him/her but never enough to hurt his/her badassness, never an everyman like me just another impossible goal for me to look up to that makes me want to cut myself -_-.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Any bets on whether the young characters will be the children of Luke & Someone and Han & Leia? There could be some weird kind of space incest going on there though.

They just need to have Chewbacca in there and I'll be happy. No Wookie, no sale.

Reeve

Feb 8, 2013
It sounds like the cast will be very similar to the cast of A New Hope.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
"fit" as in attractive? I can get behind attractive space people.

CriticalMiss said:
There could be some weird kind of space incest going on
That's the best incest. I am looking forward to the new star wars movies, as must as I jest.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Why is there a ... ?

"Late teenage girl, independent, good sense of humour, also... physically fit."

Was that an innuendo? In a casting call? Well you might just go all out and just say "Oral examination will be a mandatory part of the interview".

Zhukov said:

I call discrimination!
You shame the memory of Porkins. He died so we could live!

leviticusd

Mar 19, 2009
Interesting list. As expected, this seems to be breaking completely away from the Expanded Universe. I've come to grips that the 100+ novels I've read over the last 20 years will be tossed out the window, but I was wondering if they would keep some of the basic structure of the universe (Han/Leia get married, Jacen and Jaina are their kids...possibly Mara Jade popping up) and it doesn't seem to. This casting doesn't sound like the Solo Twins. The witty independent girl fits Jaina, but there is no Jacen. "Not classically handsome" doesn't seem like a Han/Leia kid, but more of a child/protege of Luke. The other young male casting is too old to really be a twin to the teenage girl. None of the castings would match a Mara Jade character either.

Like I said, I am okay with them throwing out the whole universe, invalidating my childhood reading and starting fresh....but it's going to make the internet whining of those that have read novels and are hung up on them annoyingly loud.

Some of those castings have to be the villain(s). I wonder which one(s)?

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
CriticalMiss said:
Any bets on whether the young characters will be the children of Luke & Someone and Han & Leia? There could be some weird kind of space incest going on there though.

They just need to have Chewbacca in there and I'll be happy. No Wookie, no sale.
I was thinking that "not classically handsome" and "classically handsome and confident" in the descriptions just screams Luke and Han. Unless they play it that Luke hooked up off camera, Han and Leia must have been awful busy.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
"Finally, a guy aged around seventy, strong opinions and tough."

You called?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Zhukov said:

I call discrimination!
Play The Old Republic MMO, seems to be a fair few fat Sith in there. Feeding their unhappiness maybe.

My keen Jedi instincts tell me Shia LeBeouf is going to be the "A young man aged between 20 and 25, witty and smart, fit but not classically handsome" character.