GOG #NoDRM Sale Has 150+ Titles At Up To 85% Off

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
GOG #NoDRM Sale Has 150+ Titles At Up To 85% Off

This sale's for 24 hours only; get in before the solstice ends.

GOG.com is offering cut prices on 150+ titles in its summer solstice #NoDRM sale [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125130-GOG-Summer-Sale-Begins-With-Free-Torchlight], running from 13:00 GMT June 21st (ie about 9am in New York, or 1pm in London), to 12.59 GMT the following day. Prices will be cut by as much as 85% on titles like The Witcher 2, Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights, Planescape: Torment and many, many more.

It's all in honor of the summer solstice, the longest day of the year. "GOG.com has decided to help gamers celebrate that day with an uninterrupted fiesta of gaming," according to its press release. The thing is live, right now. There's a timer and everything. Want FTL: Faster Than Light at 75% off? Fez at 50% off? Something else? Lord knows there's plenty something else out there, if you go looking for it.

All daily deals live for the next ... and there's that countdown timer again. What's that you say, timer? Less than 24 hours to go? Well, you know best.

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
Wow, I don't think today's sale can be beat. What's next, the souls of GOG employees at a 90% discount?

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I think Malfunctioning Eddie is secretly running GOG these days - I had a gander over the sales page today and it's just daft. The pressure is shifting from "I must not buy that game, but it's so cheap!" to "I must not buy another copy of that game, but it's so cheap!"

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Does anyone know how long the sale will last? I mean the full sale, not the daily deals. I'm holding out to see if a few titles will go on a daily deal at some point, but I don't want to miss out on half off because I waited too long hoping for 75% off.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
As long as they don't put up prices in euro's (accounting for currency rates if you please) and i can't use anything other than a credit card (which i don't have) Or Paypal (Which i got by don't want to use) I aint getting shit from their website.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
I want that D&D deal so bad. I may spring for it. Twenty bucks for ALL THE GAMES?
That's actually a more common thing than you'd think. I got the same pack for $10 on Gamersgate a year or two back.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Does anyone know how long the sale will last? I mean the full sale, not the daily deals. I'm holding out to see if a few titles will go on a daily deal at some point, but I don't want to miss out on half off because I waited too long hoping for 75% off.
The sale proper runs until 5th July.

Longstreet said:
As long as they don't put up prices in euro's (accounting for currency rates if you please)..
But but that's kind of the whole point with GOG. They charge the same price no matter where you are in the world, so they've picked what I assume is their idea of the most international currency (US$) to represent their prices. Exchange rates fluctuate constantly and will be different depending what source of conversion one uses so surely what they do is the simplest, fairest option for most people. Not just looking at GOG aren't you rather hamstrung for buying most things online if you use neither credit card nor Paypal?

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Owyn_Merrilin said:
There is a clock shown when you click on any of the bundles. It looks like most of them are a 24 hour offer. Also, most offers have a secondary offer, if you choose to drop a few titles from the bundle. Say full bundle is 85% off, removing one item from the bundle makes the bundle 50% off... your losing value doing so, but if there are only 2 or 3 games in a pack then you can still save (but not as much.

I really want the Fair and Square Collection, but I don't want Daikatana, Invisible war or Thief 3. But it's cheaper to get the entire pack then it is to get it without those titles.

Also, Bullfrog pack. Dungeon Keeper 1&2, Syndicate and Wars, Populous 1, 2 and 3(?), Magic Carper 1&2 and Theme Hospital.

Legacy of Kain Pack has everything except Blood Omen 1.

That is some very tempting shit.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Teoes said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:

Longstreet said:
As long as they don't put up prices in euro's (accounting for currency rates if you please)..
But but that's kind of the whole point with GOG. They charge the same price no matter where you are in the world, so they've picked what I assume is their idea of the most international currency (US$) to represent their prices. Exchange rates fluctuate constantly and will be different depending what source of conversion one uses so surely what they do is the simplest, fairest option for most people. Not just looking at GOG aren't you rather hamstrung for buying most things online if you use neither credit card nor Paypal?
Ah, thanks. If you don't mind my asking, where'd you get the information? I can't find it anywhere.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Teoes said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:

Longstreet said:
Here in the Netherlands we have something called Ideal. Basically i can transfer the cash directly from my bank to the company in question.

Every company here in Holland i know of (or lets say, used) has it and even steam has it. So i never had any problem with buying online.

And yea i can get that they chose US currency since rates keeps changing, the problem is that often there are costs with exchanging ? to $ (Granted, no idea if that is also the case with paypal) But for example i know that with my bank i could end up paying more for the exchanging currency than the game will actually cost, specially with these cheap prices.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Ah, thanks. If you don't mind my asking, where'd you get the information? I can't find it anywhere.
I tried digging about on GOG.com but the original news post (which I'm sure had the dates) has disappeared to be replaced by today's solstice sale post.

I found the information on the Escapist's original news story on the sale from Tuesday, here.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Teoes said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
I tried digging about on GOG.com but the original news post (which I'm sure had the dates) has disappeared to be replaced by today's solstice sale post.

I found the information on the Escapist's original news story on the sale from Tuesday, here.
Well that explains why I remembered having seen an actual end date before, it was in the article where I found out about the sale, and was initially up on their website. I wonder why they took it down?

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Longstreet said:
Teoes said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:

Longstreet said:
Here in the Netherlands we have something called Ideal. Basically i can transfer the cash directly from my bank to the company in question.

Every company here in Holland i know of (or lets say, used) has it and even steam has it. So i never had any problem with buying online.

And yea i can get that they chose US currency since rates keeps changing, the problem is that often there are costs with exchanging ? to $ (Granted, no idea if that is also the case with paypal) But for example i know that with my bank i could end up paying more for the exchanging currency than the game will actually cost, specially with these cheap prices.
I really don't understand why the US seems to be the only country with debit cards that can be used anywhere that takes credit. The banks have a deal with major credit card companies (usually Visa, more rarely Master Card) to allow their debit cards to be seen by credit card processing equipment as a credit card. It still comes out of your account like any normal debit transaction, but you can use it pretty much anywhere, including online.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Owyn_Merrilin said:
SNIP

I really don't understand why the US seems to be the only country with debit cards that can be used anywhere that takes credit. The banks have a deal with major credit card companies (usually Visa, more rarely Master Card) to allow their debit cards to be seen by credit card processing equipment as a credit card. It still comes out of your account like any normal debit transaction, but you can use it pretty much anywhere, including online.
Er, no? I'm in Sweden, have a bank debit card - Visa - and can use it in any shop with a card reader and when online shopping too. I've also used it abroad in Europe without too much hassle.

OT: I can't justify buying any of the games on sale that I don't already own, so I'm going to have to pass this time. GOG.com is awesome though!

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
Ragsnstitches said:
Legacy of Kain Pack has everything except Blood Omen 1.

That is some very tempting shit.
Best $6 game purchase I have ever made in my life... I already owned BO2 and SR2 for console and still bought the entire thing again for my laptop. I love GOG so much

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Longstreet said:
As long as they don't put up prices in euro's (accounting for currency rates if you please) and i can't use anything other than a credit card (which i don't have) Or Paypal (Which i got by don't want to use) I aint getting shit from their website.
Snap your debit card in half, go to the bank and say "I accidentally my debit card, new one plz", and check to see if there's a Visa or a MasterCard logo in the corner of the new one. If so, then there you go.

OT: I've already bought Masters of Orion and another one, all for five bucks. I'M ALREADY OVER BUDGET, DANGIT. WHY MUST YOU BE SO NICE, GOG?

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Of course this happens right after I spend $300 on a sound system, leaving me with no spending money. Timing y u so crewel.