BioShock Infinite DLC Info Coming Soon

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
BioShock Infinite DLC Info Coming Soon

Details on the first DLC in the BioShock Infinite season pass should arrive later this month.

Back when BioShock Infinite launched in March, players could pre-order a IGN [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122296-Irrational-Announces-Bioshock-Infinite-DLC-Season-Pass] that information on the DLC will drop later this month.

Irrational top dog Ken Levine said the studio has been working on the new content "since the game shipped." Levine said "things are going well," but asked fans to understand that "game development takes time." Originally announced in August of 2010, there was a years-long stretch where little was heard about BioShock Infinite and its development. Since then, delays have pushed back the game's release date on several occasions, a problem that now seems to be plaguing the game's planned DLC packs.

After playing the masterpiece that was BioShock Infinite, I'm OK with Levine taking as much time as he wants, though more eager fans may be getting a little agitated, especially considering a "DLC pack" announced for the game earlier this month [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125410-BioShock-Infinite-Columbias-Finest-DLC-Hits-Steam] just turned out to be a collection of pre-order bonuses, that isn't even a part of the season pass.

BioShock Infinite's season pass sells for $19.99 on Steam and the PlayStation Store, and 1600 MS points on Xbox Live. Gamers who pre-order the season pass will gain access to the Early Bird Special Pack, a collection of upgrades, weapon skins and items that players can use in the game. It offers a 30% discount over buying the three DLC packs separately.

Source: IGN [http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/30/bioshock-infinite-dlc-reveal-coming-in-late-july]

Apr 5, 2008
After playing the masterpiece that was BioShock Infinite, I'm OK with Levine taking as much time as he wants, though more eager fans may be getting a little agitated...
I'm okay too. It would have been nice to hear that *something* is being worked on, but this is how games and DLC should be developed TBH. Not Day 1 DLC. Not hidden on the disc and unlocked by paying extra. They ship and bug fix the game, then turn their attention to adding to it. Looking forward to this stuff, finally a justification for that $12 I spent on the season pass. (GMG codes :)).

Day 1 DLC should be in the damn game already, kudos to Irrational for creating a great game without the shady DLC practices (or at least, not many).

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
at least they take their time. the game is really good and i enjoyed it a lot. at least now my 30$ for the season pass will hopefully pay off.

harryhenry

Jun 28, 2012
Hey guys, bioshock infinite is the worst game EVAR. why? well, I heard some things about ludo narritive disso-something, but I'll just hate on the game because i want to look rebellious and edgy and different by going along with everyone else's opinion! Now I'm part of the "core" gamers right now, amiright?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Definitely looking forward to it. The Bioshock Infinite Season Pass is the only one I've ever bought (admittedly this was only thanks to Microsoft giving me free MSP for them fucking up some competition) but I definitely believe it will be good stuff.

Dec 14, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
Definitely looking forward to it. The Bioshock Infinite Season Pass is the only one I've ever bought (admittedly this was only thanks to Microsoft giving me free MSP for them fucking up some competition) but I definitely believe it will be good stuff.
Wat.

You're not playing it on PC?

But... but... but...

How can you see the actual brush-stroke decals on the paintings?

How can you live with knowing that you're playing an inferior version?

How?!

OT: I needs me some more BI :D

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Andy Shandy said:
Wat.

You're not playing it on PC?

But... but... but...

How can you see the actual brush-stroke decals on the paintings?

How can you live with knowing that you're playing an inferior version?

How?!

OT: I needs me some more BI :D
Because I'm not a graphics whore!

...I may be an aesthetics whore though :D

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Smilomaniac said:
Masterpiece?
Look, the story was good, but the game wasn't exactly a masterpiece. Isn't it about time we stopped hyping this game?
"Masterpiece" means a work of great artistry or skill, or an artist's greatest work.

It can be argued that Infinite is Ken Levine's masterpiece.

OT: And just the other day, I was wondering when we'd be getting that DLC!

Can't wait. I really hope they explore Handymen and Songbird a little more.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
About bloody time.

I'm not bothered about the DLC itself taking a while, but I'd appreciate it if, when being asked to put money down for DLC in advance (fair enough, for a discount overall, I'm actually quite a fan of the season pass) we got given a good idea of what to expect. BL2 did it well, promising four new campaigns. Alright, we get what that means, we know what to expect, a new area, new quests, characters, legendary weapons/sheilds/grenade mods, we got this. With the bioshock infite DLC, I had no idea what to expect. Entire new campaigns? New modes, like a horde mode or something? What? It was pretty damn vague, and playing the story through to the end only made me more confused as to what they intended to add.

Long story short, of course I'd pay for more bioshock infinite, but for god's sake, you've got to give us some idea of what we're paying for.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme. More infinite is always awesome. They should take as much as time as they want though, don't want it to ruin the name of the original. But as soon as they announce it, I'll be all over that shiz <3