PSN Summer Blast 2013 Sale Starts Tomorrow

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
PSN Summer Blast 2013 Sale Starts Tomorrow

Sony is offering substantial discounts on digital games and movies for the next two weeks.

Bargain hunters rejoice! Just a few days ago Microsoft's Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb announced that it would be launching its <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125524-Microsoft-Launching-Ultimate-Game-Sale-Next-Week>Ultimate Game Sale, beginning this week. Now Sony has confirmed that its Summer Blast 2013 sale will be starting tomorrow, July 2nd, and ending two weeks from now on July 16th. In addition to discounts on digital movies the sale will feature two sets of discounted games, one for each week of the sale. The games being featured in the sale are an arguable combination of diamonds and rough, but overall there are some nice deals. The discounts, of course, are even better if you're a PlayStation Plus member.

The games on sale are as follows:

July 6th-9th

Call Of Duty Black Ops II (PS3) - Regular Price: $59.99 Sale Price: $41.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $37.79
The Amazing Spider-Man (PS3) - Regular Price: $49.99 Sale Price: $29.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $20.99
Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) - Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest (PS Vita/PSP) - Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $4.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $2.50
Mortal Kombat (PS Vita) - Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
Mortal Kombat - (PS3) - Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands (PS3) - Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $7.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: the Game (PS3) - Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $3.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $2.00
Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) - Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
Ratchet & Clank Collection (PS3) - Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $14.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.50

July 9th-16th

Fast & Furious Showdown (PS3) - Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $31.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $23.99
Star Trek (PS3) - Regular Price: $54.99 Sale Price: $43.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $32.99
Men In Black: Alien Crisis (PS3) - Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $29.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $20.99
The Simpsons Arcade Game (PS3) - Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $6.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.89
X-Men (PS3) - Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $6.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.89
Hitman Trilogy HD - (PS3) - Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $19.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $15.99
Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3) - Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
Silent Hill: Book of Memories (PS Vita) - Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $14.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.50
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS3) - Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $14.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.50
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS Vita) - Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
The Adventures of TinTin: The Game (PS3) - Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $19.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $10.00
Star Wars The Force Unleashed II (PS3) - Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (PS3) - Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
Just Cause 2 (PS3) - Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.99
Prince of Persia Classics Trilogy (PS3) - Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $15.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $8.00
Tron Evolution (PS Vita) - Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $7.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00
Alice: Madness Returns (PS3) - Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $7.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00
Fight Night Champion - Full Game (PS3) - Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $11.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $6.00

While we're all clearly stoked to see <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7247-Star-Trek>Star Trek go on sale, we're curious to see what deals catch your eye and whether or not you think Sony's sale lineup stacks up against Microsoft's.

Source: PlayStation Blog

Severian

Jun 13, 2013
That's how you do it! Gonna be forced to grab, at the very least, 6 games. Killer deals for PS+ members. :D

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Don't suppose there's any word on prices outside America (or if it's even applicable)?

Anyway, there were more games announced in MS's sale that have piqued my interest than in this one, but that in part down to the fact that they gave Shadow Of The Colossus HD on PS Plus recently, at least in the EU. Might pick of Prince Of Persia Trilogy though.

Although of course that may well be for nought if it is only in America.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
And what's that in other money coz Alice for just £2.50 will be lovely. Fek it. I'll get batman Arkham asylum again for that.

Voren

Jun 26, 2010
Mortal Kombat PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands (PS3)PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: $2.00
Shadow of the Colossus (PS3)PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
Ratchet & Clank Collection PlayStation Plus Price: $7.50

uh....Sold? yeah FUCKING SOLD!

Since when does Sony take lessons on digital sales from Steam? No where near as massive a sale but hell of a good start

FootloosePhoenix

Dec 23, 2010
Ehhhhhh...well some of those games and sale prices are respectable, but none of these digital console game sales can hope to compete with Steam or GOG. It's sad by comparison, really. That reason alone is enough to be jealous of all you PC gamers.

Just Cause 2 might be worth picking up, but other than that I either own those games already or have no interest in them. It isn't worth it if you aren't already a PlayStation Plus subscriber, either. It's probably for the better in my case though, considering I want to save what's in my wallet for 400 Days and a few more PSP/Vita games later on. Perhaps the time has finally come for me to experience Chrono Trigger, too.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Its basicly at the same level of the Xbox sale, yet I bet the comments here will be a lot more pleasent.

PS: When does the Steam Summer Sale start?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I'm not sure how they did it, but there is literally not one game there I don't own that I want... and I really don't own that many console games.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
Don't suppose there's any word on prices outside America (or if it's even applicable)?

Anyway, there were more games announced in MS's sale that have piqued my interest than in this one, but that in part down to the fact that they gave Shadow Of The Colossus HD on PS Plus recently, at least in the EU. Might pick of Prince Of Persia Trilogy though.

Although of course that may well be for nought if it is only in America.
Nothing on the Europe blog about a summer sale yet, keep your eye out on it though we'll likely get something.

Sure could like MK9 for Vita, Silent Hill for vita and Alice for PS3 though at those prices...

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Compared to Microsoft, they have less games that I want or already own. Of course, there is the fact Sony actually announced prices, while Microsoft lineup is just a list.

I am not going to buy a game for more than 20, but the amount of good games for 5 or less than 10 makes this list potentially more awesome.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Loads of shit in those lists... But also some good ones.
Isn't the idea to only put great games on sale, and then get the crap sold on impulse buys?

Cause standing outside your shop with rotten fish is not a good practice to lure peeps inside imho...

Oct 2, 2012
Ratchet and Clank Collection? Is that all the PS2 games or the ones made for the PS3? Or is it all Ratchet and Clank games ever?
Edit: Been answered.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Sure hope this is coming to Europe. Ratchet & Clank, Lego Batman and MK9 on Vita are pretty damn tempting at that price.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Beffudled Sheep said:
Ratchet and Clank Collection? Is that all the PS2 games or the ones made for the PS3? Or is it all Ratchet and Clank games ever?
It's the PS3 HD collection.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Beffudled Sheep said:
It's Ratchet and Clank 1,2, and 3. You'd have to buy Deadlocked/Gladiator separately now that it's out on PSN.

OT: I have to say that this list doesn't impress me as much as Microsoft's, but it's good that they announced the prices. I mean I'm a PS+ member so I get the discounts. Still sad that none of the games that I want are on the list.
Although I might get the Prince of Persia Classics trilogy since I've not played a Prince of Persia game before.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Let the summer sales begin. Figured we'd see something from Sony after seeing that MS list not too long ago. Like others have said there are a few gems in there. What's more there's a decent drop for Plus members. Wonder if people will pick up a 3 month card ($17?) just to get that extra discount. Would only benefit if they're buying alot of games otherwise it's a loss. At least they'd get to try the Instant collection for 3 months too. Guess that would equalize it out for them.