Injustice DLC News Arrives At EVO 2013

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Injustice DLC News Arrives At EVO 2013

NetherRealm Studios isn't finished with Injustice: Gods Among Us, and we should hear more on the game's upcoming downloadable content plans at the annual EVO fighting game tournament.

Injustice: Gods Among Us, a fighting game based on DC Comics mythology and created by the people behind the most recent Mortal Kombat, has already received a ton of DLC. Four additional characters, new game modes and more bonus costumes than you could shake a batarang at have all been delivered to the title since its launch on April 3, 2013. Still, the game has been such a hit that NetherRealm head Ed Boon has long been teasing additional DLC beyond what had previously been announced as part of the game's Season Pass. It appears that this time Boon wasn't just messing with fans, and the company plans to offer full details at EVO 2013.

Boon tweeted the following mere hours ago:

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/noobde/status/354280447204786176]

As you can see, the official announcement of this EVO announcement doesn't arrive until tomorrow, but Boon couldn't contain himself. Thus, consider the above an announcement of an announcement of an announcement that may or may not contain anything you care about. Some days the games industry is almost too exciting.

Since we don't really know what Boon et alia has planned for the future of Injustice DLC, now would be a good time for speculation. It's long been rumored/hinted at that Martian Manhunter would be the next character to join the game's roster, but we have no idea how many other characters, costumes, game modes or stages NetherRealm might have up its collective sleeves. For all we know the company is just going to churn out new STAR Labs missions until the heat death of the universe.

Anyway, EVO 2013 is scheduled to take place in Las Vegas on July 12-14, so we won't have to wait long for more info. We'll bring you everything as soon as NetherRealm makes it public.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/noobde/status/354280447204786176]

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
It's most likely going to be Martian Manhunter. However, one can only hope it'll be Atrocitus or Larfleeze...

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
The amount of DLC for this game has been surprising, I am curious to see what they have planned next and I am hopeful that eventually there will be a complete edition where I can get everything on one disc..

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Gimme dat Martian Manhunter

and Gimme dat Dr. Fate!

Anything else is just a bonus.

RandomHer0

Jun 26, 2009
Pretty sure a list was found a while ago. The same format in which the previous 4 showed up, as sets of initials.

The most recent one was MM, RH, SZ, PG.
Standing for Martian Manhunter, Red Hood, Sub Zero, and Power Girl respectively.

The last one was spot on from what I remember, and the short clip of MM in one of the recent trailers alludes he is going to be released.

I hope it's these ones. I really want to see what they can do with the Red Hood and Martian Manhunter skill sets.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I want to see The Phantasm as a DLC character. I think that character would fit in well. Ra's Al Ghul would be a good fit too I think. The Question could be a good fit too if they did him right.

Vinterdraken

Apr 4, 2009
The one thing I would want more then anything is adjustable difficulties for Star Labs and alternative battle modes. Right now you can only change the difficulty in the story or classic battle modes. Doubtfull they would ever add it, but hey, one can allways hope

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
I for one am totally Hype for EVO UMvC3 and SFIV, wanna see what Daigo does and how far Filipino Champ gets. Not a fan of injustice tough.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
RandomHer0 said:
Pretty sure a list was found a while ago. The same format in which the previous 4 showed up, as sets of initials.

The most recent one was MM, RH, SZ, PG.
Standing for Martian Manhunter, Red Hood, Sub Zero, and Power Girl respectively.

The last one was spot on from what I remember, and the short clip of MM in one of the recent trailers alludes he is going to be released.

I hope it's these ones. I really want to see what they can do with the Red Hood and Martian Manhunter skill sets.
They were the fan voted ones on the poll the did a while back, so I hope so. Shame they will prob put another MK character in, but at least if it's Sub Zero then he has someone the the game that's his enemy.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
I'm keeping an eye on that too. I have a bet going with a friend about which characters will make Top 16 in MvC3. I've predicted 8 characters that will not appear at all in Top 16. He's betting I'm wrong.
Should be an easy bet. Iron fist, ghost rider, spiderman, she-hulk, deadpool, x-23, nemesis, firebrand, tron bonne, felicia and jill valentine all seem like safe picks :D

On the other hand i want to see hulk/haggar/sentinel on the final, but don't think Kane will go that far. My hopes are on Chris G winning the whole event.

revjor

Sep 30, 2011
Bat Vader said:
I want to see The Phantasm as a DLC character. I think that character would fit in well. Ra's Al Ghul would be a good fit too I think. The Question could be a good fit too if they did him right.
I'd love The Question but only if he got a Rorschach alternate.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
revjor said:
Bat Vader said:
A Rorschach skin would be pretty cool. Something I want to see DLC for though are alternate endings for alternate costumes in classic battle mode. There are like three versions of Nightwing and two of them are completely different people and I feel should have two different endings. Like Superman and his alternate costumes.

They basically have a different personality based on that costume too. I know it would take time and money to do but I think it would be cool.

revjor

Sep 30, 2011
Bat Vader said:
revjor said:
Bat Vader said:
A Rorschach skin would be pretty cool. Something I want to see DLC for though are alternate endings for alternate costumes in classic battle mode. There are like three versions of Nightwing and two of them are completely different people and I feel should have two different endings. Like Superman and his alternate costumes.

They basically have a different personality based on that costume too. I know it would take time and money to do but I think it would be cool.
I enjoy the game so damn much I'd probably buy anything that adds more to the game.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Chris G is hard to stop when he starts doing his Morrigan bullet-hell shenanigans.
That single line there is what makes me give little to no fucks about UMvC3's tournament scene, at least not when Chris G is on the sticks. No offense to the man as a person (aside from him trying to make excuses if he loses), but when I watch a match in "Mahvel," I expect to see such, not "Touhou 2013, now featuring characters from the Marvel and Capcom universes!"

But I digress. Evo is looking pretty hype overall. Very nice line-up (no SCV, VF5FS, or DoA5, but that was kinda expected). :D

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
It bums me out that DoA5 doesn't get more love, especially how superior it is to Tekken Tag 2. But Tekken keeps their spot because of their partnership with Capcom, so whatever.
I was a big fan of the DoA series (3 is my favorite) and even now I too am a bit salty over the lack of recognition the series gets (though I think I finally understand why), but I'll have to raise an eyebrow at your belief that DoA5 is better than TTT2. DoA5 still feels as clunky and user unfriendly as DoA4, and the whole Power Blow nonsense hurts the game a bit I think.

And TTT2 has something that's actually a pretty big deal to me: true customizable soundtracks. It may not be the fighting game with the hip hop-inspired elements I've been dreaming of, but dammit, between this and the character customization, it's close enough.

These are just personal views and observations, mind. Feel free to disregard.