Fallout: Nuka Break - Red Star Proves This Week's Best Fan Film

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Fallout: Nuka Break - Red Star Proves This Week's Best Fan Film

Few fan films can match the production values and overall polish of Fallout: Nuka Break, and its newly-released sequel is even better.

Fallout: Nuka Break - Red Star is a brand new fan film set in the dystopian Fallout universe and featuring all manner of sights that should be familiar to fans of Bethesda's franchise. It also serves as a follow-up to Fallout: Nuka Break [http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q9UwlAAnlmg], a fan film released by this same troupe in early 2011. Those of you who remember that vignette will recall that it was surprisingly excellent for an amateur effort, and apparently the folks at Machinima agree with that sentiment as Fallout: Nuka Break - Red Star marks the first entry in a new ongoing webseries currently slated to appear (probably exclusively ... for a few moments) on Machinima's network of YouTube channels.

That long introduction was both a bit of backstory and a way to convince you that this clip is worth your time. If that wasn't enough, might I add that this is the "first Fallout live-action fan film to feature a Super Mutant." Machinima thought that was a crucial enough point to drop on Twitter, so there you go.

There's currently no release schedule for new episodes of Fallout: Nuka Break, though we expect series creator Wayside Creations or Machinima to unveil that sort of information shortly. In the meantime, enjoy a nearly-half-hour long visit to the apocalyptic world of vault dwellers, giant geckos and roasted iguana on a stick.

Source: YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=np531fzqWAY]

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
It is very enjoyable to watch but now I want more :(
Why isn't there a Fallout TV series yet?

Spiritmaster

Dec 4, 2012
That was awesome. Love to detail on the NCR ranger outfit. Also, those cheeky lunchbox mines, hahaha classic.

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
i have been waiting for this.
would love to see more of these guys, wouldnt be bad if this became a more regular series.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Hopefully now this will stop the "where's nukabreak season 2? I'll unsubscribe!" comments that were constantly on their channel.

Anyway, I'm super excited! I'll have to watch it later though.

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
Very good. Cannot really say more thna i'll definately show it to people i know love fallout.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Just finished watching it. Loved it, definitely a top-notch fan film of the Fallout universe. Hope season 2 of Fallout: Nuka Break isn't far behind.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Mr. Q said:
Just finished watching it. Loved it, definitely a top-notch fan film of the Fallout universe. Hope season 2 of Fallout: Nuka Break isn't far behind.
The kickstarter update stated the first episode for season 2 would be later on this month.

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
Really well done, amazing attention to detail (even if he did check the rifle scope with the lens caps still on)

Enjoyed it :)

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
This was good and all but a little more serious than season 1. And what happened to the trio from season 1 anyway?
Did they ever resolve what happens to those three? Last I saw, it was just getting interesting.