Capcom Vs SNK 2 Hits PlayStation Network Next Week

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Capcom Vs SNK 2 Hits PlayStation Network Next Week

Episode 80 of the PlayStation Blogcast reveals word that classic 2D fighting game mashup Capcom Vs SNK 2 will make its PlayStation Network debut in just a few scant days.

Capcom Vs SNK 2 is exactly what its title suggests: A 2D fighting game that pits Capcom's most famous virtual pugilists against SNK's crew of pixelated brawlers. You've got Ryu and Ken from Street Fighter, Iori Yagami from the King of Fighters franchise, Morrigan from Darkstalkers, and Haohmaru from Samurai Showdown throwing down alongside 43 other iconic fighting game figures. Even with the release of more recent mashup games, Capcom Vs SNK 2 remains a favorite among the hardcore fighting game set, both because it was one of the last classic 2D fighters to be created before Capcom opted to shift its efforts toward the third dimension, and because it's just a generally fun fighter.

Point being: You should be excited by news that Capcom Vs SNK 2 will come available as a PlayStation Network download next week.

That news comes courtesy of the latest episode of the PlayStation Blogcast. Unfortunately the show makes no mention of the game's price tag, nor any additional features it may have picked up in the leap from the PlayStation 2 to the PlayStation Network. We don't expect the game to retail for more than $15, but it looks like we'll have to wait a bit before Sony opts to divulge proper release details for this title.

Still, Capcom Vs SNK 2 arrives next week. That's enough to get me hyped.

Source: PlayStation Blogcast [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/11/playstation-blogcast-080-into-the-nethers/]

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
This is easily one of the most criminally underrated and overlooked fighter ever made.
And one of the best.

I had this for the PS2 and it was a blast, I even managed to set up a semi-tournament with many friends who aren't even fans of fighting games!. So yeah, this game is a lot of fun.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
I want an XBL release so much that I'm honestly considering getting a cheap PS3 just for a CvS2 port. And I've never even tried this title, I've just watched it a fair bit. And it looks amazing.

Still, I hope the netcode is on level with Iron Galaxy's ports of Darkstalkers, Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike and Marvel vs Capcom.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Cool, I enjoyed Capcom vs SNK 2 more than Marvel vs Capcom 2 (which is saying a lot, love both games) so I'm looking forward to this.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
alright then it's time to start polishing my Mai, Cammy, and Ken team :D

EnglishBlues

Sep 2, 2011
I still have this on disc for my PS2, and still got my profile data from 2002. This game fucking owns. Rock and Ken, all day and all of the night.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Good game. Still play it on my Dreamcast.

Perhaps, if this game sells well, they'll think about porting the Saturn or arcade version of SF Alpha/ Zero 3.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I just hope it has online. Still, getting a PS3 soon, so I might consider this. I like playing fighting games. Pity I suck so much at them.