ShinyLoot Has Pretty Point-And-Clicks On 50% Sale

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
ShinyLoot Has Pretty Point-And-Clicks On 50% Sale

Fancy a bit of Cat Lady? What say you to The Book of Unwritten Tales?

Point-and-click adventure is having a renaissance courtesy of Texas based ShinyLoot, purveyor of digital titles galore. From now until August 11th, a wide selection of its adventure titles are 50% off. Fancy a shot at horror game The Cat Lady? Or maybe you're the kind of comedy fan who'd rather have a fantasy adventure in The Book of Unwritten Tales? There's bound to be something here to tickle your fancy; over 30 titles are on sale, from stuff to make you laugh to things that'll drive you quietly nuts. Or maybe not so quietly. Who am I to dictate how you go nuts?

ShinyLoot's a very new player on the digital scene, helping Mac, Linux and PC gamers find fun titles. It opened its doors earlier this year, and is committed to providing games with minimal DRM. Maybe you'll have to deal with one-time CD key validation, but that's it, and any game that doesn't fit a minimal DRM criteria "will be removed from ShinyLoot," according to the distributor's page. "We pass on the games to you just how they are passed along to us," says ShinyLoot. "We don't add any extra DRM or barriers to getting you to play your game."

But you don't care about that; you care about the sale, right? Well, take a look over clear his name [http://www.shinyloot.com/point-and-click-sale], or ... well, you get the idea.

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
Can anyone recommend any of the games they have on sale? I liked The Cat Lady for what it was, and I got The Journey Down a while back on steam and was a little disappointed by it's puzzles, but I've not heard about many of the others. From first glance most of them look similar to free smartphone games, so I'm dubious if they're worth the price, even in the sale.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Hmm, I have been meaning to pick up The Cat Lady at some point but with my backlog the way it is I'm wondering if I'll ever get round to it. It's a predicament of the fortunate.

ChrisatShinyLoot

Jun 6, 2013
Bug MuIdoon said:
Can anyone recommend any of the games they have on sale? I liked The Cat Lady for what it was, and I got The Journey Down a while back on steam and was a little disappointed by it's puzzles, but I've not heard about many of the others. From first glance most of them look similar to free smartphone games, so I'm dubious if they're worth the price, even in the sale.
Hey there - Chris from ShinyLoot here. Actually, most of the games that are big enough to be rated on Metacritic are rated well. Other than the two your familiar with, here's a few in this sale with their rating:

The Book of Unwritten Tales - 82
Black Mirror II - 71
Black Mirror III - 75
Haunted - 76
Harvey's New Eyes - 75
Gray Matter - 72
Deponia - 74

I believe there's a few others with similarly positive scores. I can't specifically recommend anything, but I hope this helps!

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
ChrisatShinyLoot said:
Hey there - Chris from ShinyLoot here. Actually, most of the games that are big enough to be rated on Metacritic are rated well. Other than the two your familiar with, here's a few in this sale with their rating:

The Book of Unwritten Tales - 82
Black Mirror II - 71
Black Mirror III - 75
Haunted - 76
Harvey's New Eyes - 75
Gray Matter - 72
Deponia - 74

I believe there's a few others with similarly positive scores. I can't specifically recommend anything, but I hope this helps!
Awesome, thanks a lot for your reply. I'll probably pick up TBoUT later today!