Transforming Nintendo 64 Built By Lego Artist

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Transforming Nintendo 64 Built By Lego Artist

Lego artist Julius Brunk has created a custom set of transformers based off of the Nintendo 64.

The Nintendo 64 was a great console. In fact, with a library including games like Super Mario 64, GoldenEye, Star Fox 64, Ocarina of Time and Mario Kart 64 (best in the series!), there's a case to be made for the N64 being one of the best Nintendo consoles of all time. But we digress, that is a matter for opinion and we deal strictly in facts. For instance, it's a fact that Legos and Transformers make everything better. Point in case, <a href=http://www.baronvonbrunk.com/2012/aboutme.html>Julius Brunk (a.k.a. Baron von Brunk), whose works also include a transforming <a href=http://vonbrunk.tumblr.com/post/19106958607/behold-domaster-tetrawing-heroic>Game Boy, <a href=http://vonbrunk.tumblr.com/post/26477257583/gearhead>Game Gear and <a href=http://vonbrunk.tumblr.com/post/17061675627/plasmashock-heroic-nintendobot-transforms-from-nes>NES Zapper, recently an N64 transformer out of Legos and it's probably the coolest thing we've seen in awhile.

Brunk's transforming N64 set includes the console, its controller and two imitation cartridges based off of GoldenEye and Donkey Kong 64. It also comes with an "Ammo Magazine Plus" pack that fits in the back of the controller a la the memory cards of old. Each piece of the set transforms into its own unique robot with its own name. The Donkey Kong 64 cartridge becomes Mecha-Kong while the GoldenEye cart is Hot-Shot. The controller, in turn, transforms into a scorpion named Tetragon, while the N64 itself becomes Ultra Hexacon.

[gallery=1702]

According to Brunk, no third party custom pieces were used and "every single piece in these toys are 100 [percent] LEGO." Every robot in the set, with the exception of Tetragon's cord, can also transform without detaching any pieces. Brunk's original concepts also included robots based off of Cruis'n USA, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, Star Fox 64, Pilotwings 64 and Chopper Attack, but these ideas were eventually scrapped. He also built an Ocarina of Time cartridge that transformed into a robot Link, but opted to exclude it from the end photo shoot due "errors with his size and sticker placement." Even without it though, this set is something Brunk should be proud of and one that's sure to delight Nintendo fans everywhere.

Source: Instructables

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Ok, that is officially the most awesome thing that I've seen this week.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
chimpzy said:
Cannot resist:

Nintenbots superior. Segacons inferior.
...When did Soundwave start going towards the Autobots!? 0.o
It's normally, Autobots Inferior, Decepticons superior. XD
Oh well, just teasing you here.

OT: Well that's freaking awesome. Ah Legos, letting your imagination run wild since 1949.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Awesome... but it will be unable to really do anything unles you have the memory expansion pack installed, and dont hold your breaths for it's upgraded form with the DD64 addon, it will never happen...

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
how do these men have the energy or the time?

I don't mean that as disrespect. I'm just in awe of them is all, These guys in their spare time come up with brilliance! I am genuinely impressed.

Alcom1

Jun 19, 2013
Seeing stuff like this... I could really use a Big-Book-of-Tranforming-Figures-Mechanics.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
WanderingFool said:
Awesome... but it will be unable to really do anything unles you have the memory expansion pack installed, and dont hold your breaths for it's upgraded form with the DD64 addon, it will never happen...
I hear the Builders decided to go with the Playstacons instead.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Oh man, that's so awesome! I got to see the GameBoy one first hand when I was in New York...

StewShearer said:
an N64 transformer out of Legos and it's probably the coolest thing we've seen in awhile.
StewShearer said:
out of Legos
StewShearer said:

Every time...! The word LEGO is both singular and plural! Please, for the sake of my sanity...!

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Fun Fact: The robot is based of Soundwave while the Scorpion is based of Scorponok xD

apparently this thing comes with a frenzy and rumble homage to, according to TFW2005 anyway

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
chimpzy said:
Cannot resist:

Segabots inferior. Nintencons superior.

EDIT: there, now it makes sense
Nobody would follow an uncharismatic bore like a Nintencon.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
thaluikhain said:
chimpzy said:
Cannot resist:

Segabots inferior. Nintencons superior.

EDIT: there, now it makes sense
Nobody would follow an uncharismatic bore like a Nintencon.
Miyamotron: So disappointing... even in boredom, there is no command but MINE!

Sordin

Aug 5, 2011
Oh man that's cool. Now I'm getting a hankering to play some transformers games.

FilmDude89

Jan 6, 2013
That thing is pretty darn cool! Kind of makes me want to buy a lego set and try to build stuff.. But I'd probably just get frustrated at my own ineptitude and give up after a week and never touch the stuff again.