Gallery of the Day - Movie Anti-Heroes

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
Gallery of the Day - Movie Anti-Heroes

We all love a good hero, but let's face it, the anti-hero is a lot more fun to watch. So pry your eyes open and enjoy our gallery of anti-heroes from film.

Read Full Article

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I am not sure I'd consider Alex from A Clockwork Orange as an anti-hero. He is both a murderer and a rapist, with no reason given for being either beyond he enjoyed it. He may have been mistreated by the authorities afterwards, but I don't think anybody could say it was entirely undeserved.

You also missed Riddick, who is pretty much the definition of an anti-hero.

WabbitTwacks

Dec 8, 2010
I wouldn't call Rorschach an anti-hero. He was fighting the good fight, although in a very black-and-white-no-compromises way.

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Quite some on this list i would consider the villains of their movie.
But then i consider some movies have no hero or even a protagonist.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
Legion said:
You also missed Riddick, who is pretty much the definition of an anti-hero.
Yeah Vin Diesel should be on anybody's anti Hero list, Riddick, Toretto, Toorop, Xander Cage, the guy has made a successful career out of anti-hero.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
WabbitTwacks said:
I wouldn't call Rorschach an anti-hero. He was fighting the good fight, although in a very black-and-white-no-compromises way.
That's still fitting in the anti-hero category. The "anti-" doesn't mean "villain" or "evil" it's more in line with distanced from the classical heroic traits.

With that, as some people have said, protagonists don't fit the bill of being an anti-hero just because they're a villain protagonist.

Either way, erm. Yeah. lists. Woo!