Rockstar Details Grand Theft Auto V Bonus Content

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Rockstar Details Grand Theft Auto V Bonus Content

The Grand Theft Auto V Special and Collector's Editions will offer a number of unique in-game extras.

So you're going to buy Grand Theft Auto V, but you can't decide which version you want to throw your money at. Do you slum it with unadorned standard edition, which features a box, a disc and maybe a couple of small pieces of paper stapled together? Do you upgrade to the Special Edition, with its blueprint map and Steelbook case? Or do you try to bring all the boys to the yard with a milkshake that includes all of the above plus a Los Santos cap, GTAV deposit bag and key, and a big black box? What do you do? What do you do?

Maybe this will help: Rockstar revealed today the bonus in-game content that will come with each of the non-standard editions, starting with (surprise!) guns. Both the special and collector's editions will include two extra weapons available from your local Ammu-Nation dealer, the .50 Caliber Pistol and the Bullpup Shotgun, and you'll also be able to pick up the Hammer, although the capitalization makes it unclear whether it's the name of a really cool, unique melee weapon - a flail made out of kryptonite, maybe - or just, you know, a hammer.

On the non-violence-inflicting side of the coin, shops in Los Santos will give SE and CE owners a 20 percent discount plus access to special items, including one outfit for each character, one article of clothing, a special haircuit, facial hair and tattoo. Each member of the terrible trio will also have a unique special ability: Michael is an expert marksman, Franklin is a highly-skilled driver and Trevor is a "drug-addled sociopath," which enables him to cause double damage to enemies while only taking half damage when active. Handy!

[gallery=1719]

Both editions also come with "Stunt Plane Trials," a set of five airborne challenges, complete with leaderboards, that will improve your character's piloting skill.

On top of all that, the collector's edition will offer two unique extras not available in the special edition: First, an exclusive garage for storing custom vehicles that comes equipped with the CarbonRS sports bike and the Hotknife 30s-style hotrod plus the GTA Online-exclusive Khamelion electric car, and second, the ability to use Niko Bellic or Claude and Misty from Grand Theft Auto III in the Grand Theft Auto Online "hereditary-based creation system" that allows you to create unique characters by choosing their parents' heritage and then tweak them further by way of a "gene dominance meter" and adjustable daily activities.

So there you go - everything you ever wanted to know about Grand Theft Auto V in-game bonuses, but were afraid to ask. The rest is up to you! Grand Theft Auto V comes out on September 17 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Rockstar, you're better than this...Or I so hope after MP3.

Then again, there are idiots who will consider to buy all these digital goods even though they're just glorified re-skins/cheats.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
The weapons sound OP (.50 cal pistol? Does that even exist? And I thought only rifles benefit from the bullpup design), and the discount for in-game items is something anyone can do without, but removing those special abilities make the standard edition seem watered down. I plan to get it + DLC on a Steam sale anyway so I guess I don't have much of a reason to worry.

Riotguards

Feb 1, 2013
Doom972 said:
The weapons sound OP (.50 cal pistol? Does that even exist? And I thought only rifles benefit from the bullpup design)
there is a .50 cal pistol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.50_caliber_handguns)

although it requires two hands to fire due to the recoil

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
What I am disapointed is by the presence of Claude (First World Problem). I really liked their idea of keeping the last gen characters in one universe and this gen characters in another, and while this is just for the multiplayer it somewhat hurts that idea (next gen GTA would have characters that would probably be present in other same gen GTAs)

Saidan

Aug 22, 2013
Niko being my dad in GTA Online would be great. Wonder if I can call him everyday to go bowling...

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Riotguards said:
Doom972 said:
The weapons sound OP (.50 cal pistol? Does that even exist? And I thought only rifles benefit from the bullpup design)

Thanks. I imagine that it would make the shooter very vulnerable between shots in real life.

Snooder

May 12, 2008
Doom972 said:
Riotguards said:
Doom972 said:

Thanks. I imagine that it would make the shooter very vulnerable between shots in real life.
Large caliber handguns are generally used for wildlife. Like if a bear or a lion or something is coming at you. The idea being that you're only going to get one shot anyway, and it HAS to count.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I was wondering what characters from past gta games would be the premiums for the super duper overpriced edition.
I have to admit, if Phil Collins was one of them, I might've had to buy it. However, the character creation system sounds kind of interesting. I don't know if I could've passed up trying it out.
Everybody gets a blimp.

OCAdam

Oct 13, 2010
Snooder said:
Doom972 said:
Riotguards said:
Doom972 said:

Large caliber handguns are generally used for wildlife. Like if a bear or a lion or something is coming at you. The idea being that you're only going to get one shot anyway, and it HAS to count.
That or target shooting. Or just to collect, though IMO that's useless. As for the bullpup design, it works well with rifles of all variety (sniper, assault, etc) and also shotguns. I bet the bullpup shotgun they're using as a model is the Kel-Tec KSG. The weapon has a 14 shell capacity and short overall length due to both being bullpup and use of two separate tubes that can be loaded from with the flick of a switch between pumps.

Ayay

Dec 6, 2009
A few pixels and or a few bucks worth of plastic toys ...Collectors Edition, The marketer who come up with this is a freaking genius.And that Rockstar would join is not hard to understand , its free money .I still waiting to see how much of the game world will locked for dlc.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I wasn't planning on getting the Collector's Edition, just the standard one. After reading this article and checking out what physical merchandise comes with it too I decided to head to GameStop and up my pre-order from the standard edition to the Collector's Edition.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Kalezian said:
Doom972 said:
The weapons sound OP (.50 cal pistol? Does that even exist? And I thought only rifles benefit from the bullpup design), and the discount for in-game items is something anyone can do without, but removing those special abilities make the standard edition seem watered down. I plan to get it + DLC on a Steam sale anyway so I guess I don't have much of a reason to worry.

take note of the Kel-Tec KSG, literally Kel-Tec Shotgun [which makes what I said the "Kel-Tec Kel-Tec Shotgun. why yes, I am the manager of the Department of Redundancy Department].

YOUTUBE VIDYA!

definitely my next shotgun, looks like too much fun with it.

I wouldn't worry to much about it being watered down, after all you are getting it for PC, yes?

you have mods. I can almost guarantee that weapons like what is in the Special/Collectors editions will be made later on.
Thanks for the video, but what I meant was that the exclusion of special character abilities is what will make the standard edition feel water down. I don't need OP weapons in a single player game. I do love OP weapons in multi player.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Doom972 said:
Thanks for the video, but what I meant was that the exclusion of special character abilities is what will make the standard edition feel water down. I don't need OP weapons in a single player game. I do love OP weapons in multi player.
Screw Escapist News. Seriously why do they always have to write stupid stuff to make people angry and get more traffic.
The special abilities are in the standart edition as well, they are a core part of the game. If you buys the CE they just recharge faster.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
MinionJoe said:
See, I recently pre-ordered SRIV (8 hours before release) that included the 'Merica gun (not yet available in the non-pre-order version). And the early game is completely different with the gun than without. To the point that I forced myself to stop using it because it was "easy mode".
I actually forgot I had it till I was about 8 hours into the game, used it during an infection and blew myself up. Never used it since. :p

The Screaming Eagle plane thingy is way too handy though; super jump high into the sky, spawn the Eagle then fly to your destination in style. Only thing missing is a PA system blaring out "BOOOOOOORN IN THE USAAAAAA!"

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
So they are making the Fisker clone online only? Or am I reading this wrong?

Uhg, it's a dumb move, but thankfully the PC version will fix that oversight with mods.