Dead Rising 3 Will Have Multiple Endings, Upgradeable Crafting

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Dead Rising 3 Will Have Multiple Endings, Upgradeable Crafting

Players will be able to upgrade weapon types in Dead Rising 3 so that they require fewer materials to craft.

Past Dead Risings have featured multiple story endings and now, Capcom has confirmed that Dead Rising 3 will be no different. "I think typically we've always had about somewhere between six and 10, something like that," said producer Mike Jones. Much like previous games the story of this latest entry in the franchise will change and shift depending on player's actions. "There's a handful of branching points that make a significant difference," he said. The way you respond during these moments of choice will in turn determine "whether you're able to play beyond the normal timeline of not."

In addition to offering details on the way the game's story would progress, Jones also discussed its experience and customization mechanics. When players level up, they'll earn attribute points that can be spent on a variety of different categories. Points can also be used to upgrade different weapon types, something that can help make it easier to craft new weapons from scratch. "Ultimately, you can combine anything with anything, anywhere," said Jones. This level of freedom could to appeal to players, many of whom enjoyed past Dead Rising games in no small part because of the liberty they granted to combine found items into often wacky weapons.

All in all, we'll be interested to see how the leveling system in Dead Rising 3 plays out. While the ability to upgrade your weapon stats to the point that you can turn scissors into swords definitely sounds neat on paper, there could be an arguable risk of it making things a bit too easy. Then again, it will probably take some time to get to that level of skill and Dead Rising has always partly been about finding the best ways to rack up the highest body count. That in mind, these abilities could fit right in.

Source: OXM

Cookiegerard

Aug 27, 2009
"Ultimately, you can combine anything with anything, anywhere"

I don't know, that sounds a little too good to be true. It smells a little of Saints Row 4's "focus on verticality" which amounted to 4 or 5 platform pieces and a blatant wall blocking you from going high in the air.

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
After getting Dead Rising 2 for free via Gold subscription, I am ecstatic about this next installment and will be one of the few that is actually looking forward to getting the XBox One. Microsoft you've won. Giving me a free $20 game has now led me to ponying up hundreds of dollars soon.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
PeePantz said:
After getting Dead Rising 2 for free via Gold subscription, I am ecstatic about this next installment and will be one of the few that is actually looking forward to getting the XBox One. Microsoft you've won. Giving me a free $20 game has now led me to ponying up hundreds of dollars soon.
Dead Rising is one of my favorite series. I can't wait for the 3rd one.

Did you see the vehicle combination video a few weeks back?

Riotguards

Feb 1, 2013
personally still waiting on dead rising's "casual mode", not that i want it to be easy or anything i just want a replay without that dam timer ticking away, i can't just goof off if i have to find some zombrax or some needy survivors before they disappear in a poof of smoke

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
Interesting! I always enjoyed the silly things you could craft in Dead Rising 2. Plastic mask + Lawnmower = Bladed head of doom.
When I eventually get an XBone, this game will be one of the first I get.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Looks good, and I'm glad the multiple endings will return. I hope they reveal which one is canon soon after release like they usually do because Dead Rising isn't really a story you'd say that ends 'well' on some of the alternate endings.

When I get the Xbox One, Dead Rising 3 will be one of the first games I play so it's all very lovely to hear good things rather than "let's appeal to Call of Duty players".

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
ZZoMBiE13 said:
PeePantz said:

No I missed it, what did it entail?

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
PeePantz said:
ZZoMBiE13 said:
PeePantz said:

No I missed it, what did it entail?
At Gamescom they showed off the game. IGN put up a video where they combined the wheel of a steam roller with a big ol Harley to make a zombie slaughter machine so absurd that I can't wait to make one for myself.

Here is the video: http://youtu.be/aVSxzKJ8VMY

And in case you missed it, here's the cinematic trailer

http://youtu.be/UFXfH-ruLXo

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
ZZoMBiE13 said:
My excitement looks like it'll be rewarded soon! This game looks fantastic despite all the "It's too serious" and "it's too brown" nonsense going around. Although it might have gotten a tad more "realistic", a game where you can have a zombie killing steam rolling motorcycle driven by a middle aged armored knight, obviously isn't taking itself too serious.