Deviant Artist Shows Us Solid Snake's Quiet Side

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Deviant Artist Shows Us Solid Snake's Quiet Side

"His new outfit will allow a lot of more moving features while protecting his testicles and nipples at the same time," says 'Hideo Kojima'.

You probably caught a bit of the Quiet backlash a short while back, when Hideo Kojima popped up and suggested erotic-no-wait-sexy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127529-Kojima-On-MGS-5s-Quiet-I-Meant-Sexy-Not-Erotic] costume options for Metal Gear Solid 5's mute sniper. Imaginations sparked, as imaginations often do, and Deviant Artist ZombieSandwich - aka Anne Pogoda - thought Snake could do with a bit of Quiet in his life. Practical yet at the same time strangely sexy, I'm sure you'll agree. Perhaps some cosplayers will take on this challenging role.

"The old battle armors were stiff and clumsy and did not really give enough freedom for all the complex moves that Big "Quiet" Boss is going to be making while snaking through the Desert," says 'Hideo Kojima', as Pogoda imagines him. "His new outfit will allow a lot of more moving features while protecting his testicles and nipples at the same time." Pogoda believes that Kojima was [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127464-Hideo-Kojimas-Making-MGS5-Characters-More-Erotic-For-Cosplay] "trolling again for marketing reasons" when he Tweeted to cosplayers, but decided that, as a fan, she had to respond.

Like what you see? You might want to head over here to Pogoda's Facebook [https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anne-Pogoda/168869113143895?ref=hl].

Source: DeviantArt [http://zombiesandwich.deviantart.com/art/Metal-Gear-Solid-V-Big-Quiet-Boss-XD-398939918?offset=0#comments]

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011

Yeah it doesn't look too good on Boss. He's definitely 'Punished Snake' now, like he lost a bet with Quiet.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake?!

I'm sorry.
But as a fan of boobs, the design was lazy and a bit crap, especially after the stellar stuff Platinum produced for Rising.

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
I...
Yanno, I wouldn't be all too surprised actually.
If snake were to wear that actually.
Or something similar as part of an easter egg or unlockable.

Quiet Camo :p

Able Seacat

Jun 18, 2012
Haha, fair play he pulls it off.

I can just imagine him saying;
"Do you think love can bloom even on a battlefield?"

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Unlockable alternative character skin right there.

Do it Mr Kojima. Dooo eeet!

InsanityRequiem

Nov 9, 2009
*Waves a wad of ones.* Wooooh~ Take it off, baby! Swing that body!

My applause to the artist, I had a good laugh this ill day.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Easton Dark said:

Yeah it doesn't look too good on Boss. He's definitely 'Punished Snake' now, like he lost a bet with Quiet.
Or maybe he's finally coming out of the closet box. Still... I think this is kinda funny.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
The motion capture would have been interesting to say the least.
If there weren't some extra hip wiggle mocapped into that model, I'd demand my money back. Only for the bouncers to evict from from the premises.

Someone's going to cosplay as that. They have to!

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I have a horrible smile on my face at the moment. I'm going to show myself out of the thread before I do or say something incriminating.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
eh, fuck it I'll play with that costume on
I do admit, Kojima was pretty silly saying all that about Quiet

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Well, you gotta hand it to Snake: he's confident enough to pull it off without looking awkward.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
If I had access to rock-hard abs like that, I'd totally cosplay as this. No joke.

Hell, if everything from Freddy Krueger to Girl Scouts can have a "sexy" variant Halloween costume, why can't Naked Snake?

Tolkienfanatic

Jul 24, 2008
I know this is supposed to be a super serious eff-you moment for the feminists, but I can only laugh.

Also if this made it in game the number of cares I would give would be zero.

prinnyzeta

Nov 21, 2008
This would be great to have as a costume especially if it shows up in cutscene and stuff. Snake just talking all seriously while wearing that would be great.

Scribblesense

Jan 30, 2013
I find this uproar kinda ridiculous. Making a character stupid sexy doesn't automatically make them a bad character. Look at all the beefcake present in MGS; you could make Snake run around shirtless for all of MGS3 and that didn't make his character worse (though one could argue that he didn't have any farther to fall).

The Boss in MGS3 is probably my favorite female character in gaming, and so I know Kojima can write good female characters. And I know he has a history of trolling his fans - look at the hubbub he produced with The Phantom Pain, this very same game.

I'll eat a tree frog if he isn't trolling everybody with his comments and this character right now.

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
I think I'd actually pick up a MGS game for this. I like the option to dress my male avatar as a woman, especially if the outfit has more than purely aesthetic benefits... just watching that sexy back as I stealth through areas and stuff. Love those stockings, but wouldn't they (and your knees, gloves, arms and possibly abs) get ruined quickly while you're crawling and sliding around all those gravelly/mountainy areas?