Infinity Blade 3 Coming to iOS Next Week

Michael Epstein

Sep 9, 2013
Infinity Blade 3 Coming to iOS Next Week

A new Infinity Blade comes out of nowhere to represent gaming on Apple's big day.

Developer Chair Entertainment revealed that Infinity Blade 3 will be released on the iOS app store September 20 as a part of Apple's iPhone announcement event today.

The newest entry in the popular touchscreen hack-and-slash series will feature two playable characters: The series' original protagonist, Siris, and "stealthy female warrior-thief" named Isa. Both characters have their own combat style and collect different types of equipment. There's also a new hub world, called "the Hideout," where players can "discover the interactive world map and unlock all-new allies to join their cause."

Launching alongside the newly announced iPhone 5S [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127654-Apple-Announces-iPhone-5S-and-5C], it sounds like the game was designed to run on Apple's newest flagship phone. According to Chair creative director Donald Mustard, the 5S runs "five times faster than the iPhone 5." That said, the game is officially compatible with a wide range of iOS devices, including the iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPod touch 5 and iPod touch 4. At $6.99, the game better run smoothly on the older hardware as well.

Source: Polygon [http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/10/4715534/infinity-blade-3-coming-to-ios]

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
ah Chair, the company I'd like to love but spends all its time in bed with Apple. Could you at least take one moment and port Shadow Complex to PC, PLEASE?!? (Seriously guys, constantly playing the exclusivity card is going to eventually bite you hard in the ass...)

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I've only played the second game once they made it free. I have to admit....it's pretty damned impressive for something designed for mobile devices. Since my Ipad actually belongs to work, I won't buy anything for it but I just might if it goes on sale crazy cheap.