Terraria's Huge 1.2 Update Finally Has a Release Date

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Terraria's Huge 1.2 Update Finally Has a Release Date

The long awaited patch for the PC version of Terraria will be out on October 1.

It's been a long and bumpy road for Terraria's dedicated PC fanbase. First there was all that business with developer Re-logic promised a massive 1.2 update [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119781-Terraria-Creator-Confirms-No-New-PC-Content] with a substantial amount of new content for the game's PC version, with a tentative release date of "July". So, PC gamers waited, and waited, and after July came and went, some wondered if the update would ever see the light of day.

But, just as everyone was losing hope, Anthony Spinks here [https://mobile.twitter.com/Demilogic/status/377909471550267392].

Re-logic claims that this is the biggest update the game has ever received, being several times larger than the 1.1 update that introduced "Hardmode" to the game. Overall, it's an absolutely beastly amount of new content. Re-logic says that they are completely finished adding new features, and are just cleaning up bugs ahead of the October release date.

Furthermore, if you do happen to own Terraria on console, don't feel too shunned, as the official developer for the game's console versions want to bring the 1.2 update [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124343-Terraria-Updates-Coming-to-Console-Versions] to the PSN and XBLA versions of the game.

Source: Twitter

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
The only biome we need now is industrial and I can recreate Donkey Kong Country.

I think the ice biome sounds like the best thing to me, I love the concept of a snowy cabin or wind-swept fortress. Just need to find someone to build with me.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
July? Wasn't it originally slated for late May?

Oh well, no doubt I'll put another 50 hours into terraria with this update, like I did with 1.1. Can't exactly complain about free content 30 months down the line on a game that has been on sale this many times.

Assuming I can get my friend to play with me before pokemon comes out. Because then my free time wont exist for several months.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
The update includes over 700 new additions to the game, including 500 new items, three new bosses, a new ice and forest biome, mounts, and much more.
...And somewhere, Totalbiscuit cried out in terror and was suddenly silenced.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
King of Asgaard said:
The update includes over 700 new additions to the game, including 500 new items, three new bosses, a new ice and forest biome, mounts, and much more.
And Jessie Cox broke out into Song. I need them to start doing this again.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Solo-Wing said:
King of Asgaard said:
And Jessie Cox broke out into Song. I need them to start doing this again.
Song, you say?
And yes, my life is emptier without their wacky high jinks.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
losing hope? They've been continually releasing small tidbits of info and spoilers on the Terraria forums. But I'm glad they've got a proper release date now, something to look forward too :)

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
On my birthday? Happy b-day to me!

I'm pretty exited, I need a reason to get back into Terraria, feels old and worn now for me.

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
Finally. Been waiting for this for so long! Time to get another 500 hours on Terraria :D

I wonder, now we have this news, how long it will be before we have the Starbound release date?

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
way to barely outrun starbound, folks

i'll be using it to tide me over till release

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
I think heavily-modded-minecraft has finally broken me of the desire to play more Terraria.

On the other hand... I already own the game and this isn't paid DLC, so I'll probably check it out from curiosity.

SadisticFire

Oct 1, 2012
Oh hey that is on my Escapist Account birth. They're obviously just celebrating my GREAT contributions to these forums. Right?
Right?
But anyways. I will definitely start playing the game again if there was a large amount of content. It'll be good fun to play with some of my friends if I was to try and find some of my server box friends.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Awesome, just in time for me to fail some midterms. :p
Still waiting on the Vita version, playing Terraria on the go would be awesome.

Akaranseth

Sep 12, 2013
Super excited to get back into this, and soon it'll be down to days!

Been playing Asteria lately. (playasteria.com) It's been VERY enjoyable. There was a blurb here on escapist a while back, but I got into it anyways, and haven't been disappointed.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
As a frequent and long time member and visitor to the Terraria Online forum board, I just want to say that no one should hold him to his.
He's constantly badgered by the community to give release dates, spoilers and whatever else they think they can pry out of him. It's what got him in trouble the last time he made a promise and couldn't deliver it. (Because of real life issues, like having a child.)