Diablo III Demo Now Available For PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Diablo III Demo Now Available For PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Kill the Skeleton King again - but this time, from your couch!

Still hesitant about Diablo III on consoles? Afraid that your zeal for taking down demons will be lessened without the click-click-clickety-clack that you've grown to love? It's time to abandon your mouse and dive into the demo on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. Released today, the free demo is available on the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE. Players are restricted to the Wizard and Barbarian classes, leaving them to only dream about the Demon Hunter, Monk, and Witch Doctor. Progression is limited to the Skeleton King in Act I, and caps players at level 9. Even with these restrictions, the demo is certain to give players a good introduction to the game, whether they are veterans of Sanctuary or not.

Online play is supported, but only with other console demo players, and matchmaking is not available for public games. Upgrading the demo to the full game will keep your demo character intact, along with all items and quest progress. You'll have to pick up a physical copy if you want to upgrade to the full game on Xbox (for now). PlayStation 3 owners can purchase the full game digitally from the Playstation Store.

Diablo III launched with mixed reviews on PC and Mac in 2012. The console port launched for both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 on September 3 and has received a largely positive reaction from critics [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10578-Diablo-III-Review-Looting-From-Your-Couch]. The console version features a revamped control scheme, tailored loot, and scraps the much-maligned gold and real money auction houses.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Already own it on the PC; haven't played it in a while, and I'm not quite sure I want to. Not because I'm one of those people who thinks it's terrible or anything (I did rather enjoy it), but because after recovering my account from being hacked, I ended up having all this gear and millions of gold that I can't really get rid of (unless I can).

I watched my little brother play the demo for a bit and I have to say, I was actually pretty impressed.

thisbymaster

Sep 10, 2008
The Demo for Diablo 3 has been out for months on the PC and they had the gaul to charge money for it.

Sep 14, 2009
thisbymaster said:
The Demo for Diablo 3 has been out for months on the PC and they had the gaul to charge money for it.
lol i wish that's what it was...bloody hell, between the account hacks and seeing what the console version has, i'm tempted to say fuck it and grab one for the ps3

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
I played a little bit of the demo last night. I own the PC version, but the console version plays pretty well in my opinion.

gamernerdtg2

Jan 2, 2013
Jury is still out. It's like a vamped up Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. I'm not sure why but the game is holding my attention for the moment.

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
The demo is great fun. Once I finish the demo I will be forced to go back and play the inferior PC version that I bought at launch. Wish they were offering some kind of discount for those of us who already bought it on the PC.

Edit: Ok I beat the demo, exited and came back in. Chose continue and the game let's me start the demo over but I get to keep everything I had, my level is still 9 and I still have my follower too.

chewy001

Sep 15, 2013
Glad they put the demo out, after playing it I think a lot of people are going to get this game. I love the game, never played the PC version, but enjoy this especially after I found this Diablo 3 guide at

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Good for it I guess. Haven't touched the PC version since the RMAH went live. Felt too... tailored... towards their auction house that it ruined the charm the older titles possessed.

Though it did remind me, I need to check up on Grim Dawn.