Fable Anniversary Delayed Until 2014

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Fable Anniversary Delayed Until 2014

The HD remake of Fable is being pushed back to February 2014.

Lionhead Studios made a lot of gamers happy back in June when it revealed that it had it an HD remake of its action-RPG Fable in the works. According to the studio, the remake would include improved visuals, a better user interface, less loading times, new controls and a revamped save system. The new version, dubbed Fables Anniversary, was slated to launch before the end of 2013.

Unfortunately for fans of the series, that's no longer the case. A recent blog post by lead designer Ted Timmins has revealed that the game is being pushed back. "We've been working hard for the past year to bring you the very best Fable Anniversary experience on Xbox 360," he said. "We feel though, that we need a little more time in order to meet our ambitions and give you, the fans, the best game possible." According to Timmins, the game will now be launching in February 2014.

In an attempt to make up for the delay, Lionhead will apparently be releasing "more screenshots, more game footage and perhaps even some...top secret announcements" to help make the wait for the game a bit easier. It's a nice gesture on the studio's part but it may not even be necessary. We can't quite place where it's coming from, but somehow we have this feeling that, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127449-Xbox-One-Out-November-22nd>starting in November, some gamers will be too busy to even notice Anniversary's absence.

Source: Lionhead

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
Incoming rage train

Honestly I don't mind waiting for the fable remake, I'm replaying TLC right now so I'm entertained with Fable in some way.

EDIT: Farst

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
They can take all the time they need. Seeing as this is a legitimate remake and not just the original with a fresh coat of paint, I think it can only benefit from extra development time. The first one has always been my favorite, and I've wanted a remake for years now. I can wait a while longer.

Ace Morologist

Apr 25, 2013
HD Lady Grey, you say? And she's not a Frankenstein-style zombie yet? Well, all right. Time to start stocking up on diamonds, I guess...

--Morology!

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
Things are off to a bad start already. I don't mean with the delay, but with the god damn voice of Jack. The monster Lost Chapter's voice was terrible compared to the high pitch, much more evil sounding original. I mean, just listen to it.

I hope they use this version, or they have some choice for it...I hope.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
And its not coming to PC...welp...I'm gonna go rage on forums(besides this one). Troll it, even though my rage is in no way justifiable and hope they make a port or some modders do it. Why? Cuz' PC master race keeps going, till the going gets tough, then we rage-quit and play a RTS.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Personally, I'm looking really forward to this. Despite its rather weak story, I didn't really follow the Fable hype and thus what we got in the gameplay pretty much satisfied me. If they remember to add the Lost Chapters content in this, I think I might buy this just for a huge shot of nostalgia.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
at first I was like aw but then I realized it's probably for the better. last two months of this year is busy enough as is as far as new games (and consoles) go loll

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
this is the first I've heard of this rerelease. I'm most disappointed by their decision to use TLC voice for Jack. it's so boring!

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
attackshark said:
that's great and all, but can i just have Fable 2 for my PC, please?
I would love Lionhead forever if they released a trilogy boxset for PC, containing the HD remake of Fable TLC and a PC port of Fable II.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
ThunderCavalier said:
Personally, I'm looking really forward to this. Despite its rather weak story, I didn't really follow the Fable hype and thus what we got in the gameplay pretty much satisfied me. If they remember to add the Lost Chapters content in this, I think I might buy this just for a huge shot of nostalgia.
^ This pretty much. i bought fable 1 after a friend picked it up and we played a few hours together. by then it was already almost a year old and I never even heard of it until he picked it up. I was like 13 and it was my first rated M game. I loved it. the art, the gameplay, the fighting, the magic, and the humor were great and I had no :hype going in, so no disappointment just thrill. this is one of 2 games I wanna see a full HD remake of, the other is Star Wars KotOR 1 and 2