FIFA 14: UK Shafted in Pricing While US Gets Incentive

dealzon

Nov 19, 2012
FIFA 14: UK Shafted in Pricing While US Gets Incentive

HP ENVY Phoenix 800 Gaming Desktop [http://www.dealzon.com/deals/hp-envy-phoenix-desktop-coupon?drc=escapist:800-030qe-high-end] - $1,119.99 plus $9.99 shipping at HP.
Fully loaded PC. 4th Gen Intel Quad Core i7-4770, GeForce GTX 660, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM, and Blu-ray. List is $1,420. Deal expires September 29.
<br clear=all>

The weekly "Big Deals on the Internet" is brought to you by the crew from every Tuesday [http://www.dealzon.com] at 5:30PM Eastern for the latest deals. Feedback? Let us know in the comments!

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
This isn't really news, just the reality of purchasing anything vaguely tech in Britain.

lifeat24fps

Mar 14, 2013
Kinitawowi said:
This isn't really news, just the reality of purchasing anything vaguely tech in Britain.
I always just suspected it was the realities of having a VAT added before sale compared to the US state's sales tax which is added at the register (or not at all for most online shopping).

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
Goddamn it, this sucks. I understand why, clearly Fifa will sell regardless of price over here, so we subsidise the
Americans who won't pay full price for soccer.

What really does annoy me, though, is that Fifa is out in America before Britain. That makes no sense.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
So...wait.

The country that barely gives a damn about soccer (USA), is getting the game BEFORE and paying LESS...
Than the nations (Brits, Mexico, etc) that LOVE soccor/football?

o_O
Dayum son.

Corralis

Nov 12, 2009
I wonder if the guys in the UK will get the next Madden game cheaper than the Americans cause it isn't as popular over here? That'll be good for me cause I can't stand football but American football is basically the best sport on the planet.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Kinitawowi said:
Corsair K70 => £119 in UK, $119 in US, it's almost half the god damn price ¬_¬ I'd import if not for their wacky backwards keyboard layout.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
lifeat24fps said:
Kinitawowi said:
I always just suspected it was the realities of having a VAT added before sale compared to the US state's sales tax which is added at the register (or not at all for most online shopping).
There's a bit more to it than that, part of it is companies trying to offset any losses that could be undertaken whilst purchasing currency to buy/sell things in other countries, which is complicated and annoying. It's also partially due to other taxes, import and excise duties, and generally being cunts, in the case of digitally distributed media.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Ahem, we get to pay ?64.99.

At the current exchange rates translates to 54.75 British pounds, 87.57 US dollars or 93,04 Australian dollars.

Had a quick look at big retailers in other European countries and they all had similar pricing, give or take a few Euros. Quite a few soccer fans down here too, you know. Not that it matters all that much, because it will sell anyway.

Also had a look at Australian prices and at around $100 their price is even higher, though not by as much.

Story needs more appropriate title. I propose:
"FIFA 14: Every Country That Isn't US Shafted In Pricing"

DanteLives

Sep 1, 2011
razer17 said:
Goddamn it, this sucks. I understand why, clearly Fifa will sell regardless of price over here, so we subsidise the
Americans who won't pay full price for soccer.

What really does annoy me, though, is that Fifa is out in America before Britain. That makes no sense.
Agreed. It shouldn't be that way. Blame the Tuesday release dates in the US, surely they can wait 72 hours like we can.

Americans deserve no preferential treatment, considering that they're in a minority compared to Europe. (Yes, I'm doing that continent > country thing. Deal with it.)