Killzone: Shadow Fall Season Pass Announced

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Killzone: Shadow Fall Season Pass Announced

Players who buy the Killzone: Shadow Fall season pass before or on its launch day will receive an exclusive OWL skin and multiplayer spotlight move.

While the launch lineup of the next-gen consoles is perhaps a bit sparse in some places, there are some bright spots that have gamers excited. On the PlayStation 4, Killzone: Shadow Fall is arguably one of those titles. Now, perhaps hoping to give gamers further incentives to partake in the latest and potentially greatest Killzone experience, Sony has unveiled a season pass that will give purchasers discounted access to the first six expansions to the game.

The content covered by the season pass will include a planned co-op expansion, three co-op map packs and two multiplayer expansions packs. While there's no information currently available on how much this content would would cost sold separately, the season pass itself will be sold for $19.99. Players who purchase the season pass on or prior to Shadow Fall's November 15th release date will also be rewarded with an exclusive OWL drone skin and a special multiplayer spotlight move.

In addition to the season pass, a new trailer for Shadow Fall has also been unveiled highlighting the game's multiplayer. The trailer itself looks like what you'd expect from Killzone; it's pretty, violent, and looks like a lot of fun. The end of the trailer also makes it look like the experience will be a snap to play (nyuck nyuck).

Source: PlayStation Blog

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
And now there's not a single next gen release title on my radar.

Don't like split player base. Don't agree that selling DLC to a dwindling player base is a better idea than making the original package more appealing and expanding the player base.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Wait.

What? This makes no sense, didn't they not just say that all multiplayer maps will be free?

From the PSblog:

Killzone Shadow Fall will launch with 10 multiplayer maps. All the multiplayer maps that will be released as DLC will be free to everyone. The multiplayer expansion packs will be charged for however they do not divide the playerbase e.g. you will still be able to play with players who have not purchased the multiplayer expansion pack, they will have additional options.
Interesting. I am curious what they mean by this.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
ticklefist said:

Don't like split player base. Don't agree that selling DLC to a dwindling player base is a better idea than making the original package more appealing and expanding the player base.
Well to be fair, competitive maps they said are all going to be free.

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
Korten12 said:
ticklefist said:

What I get for not reading. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
ticklefist said:
Korten12 said:
ticklefist said:

What I get for not reading. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Not your fault, it doesn't mention this in the article, only if you go to the comments section or google it would you know.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/04/killzone-shadow-fall-dlc-multiplayer-maps-to-be-free-other-dlc/