Grand Theft Auto V Soundtrack Hits iTunes

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Grand Theft Auto V Soundtrack Hits iTunes

The Music of Grand Theft Auto V features almost 60 tracks split up between three distinct volumes.

Grand Theft Auto games are known for a lot of things, music being far from the least of them. Grand Theft Auto V is no exception, with its in-game radio stations that play a wide range of music, and now fans (and non-fans too, I suppose) can enjoy the tunes outside of the game thanks to today's release of the GTA V soundtrack on iTunes.

The Music of Grand Theft Auto V is a collection of 59 tracks broken up into three "albums." Volume 3: The Soundtrack [https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/music-grand-theft-auto-v-vol./id712684134], serves up 19 songs from up and down the game's radio dial, with artists including Flying Lotus, Charlie Feathers, Simple Minds, Waylon Jennings and the Mexican Institute of Sound.

Each album is available now from iTunes for $9.99, or you can snag all three in a rockstargames.com [https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-music-of-grand-theft-auto-v/id712610834].

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
oooo. I really like the Sleepwalking song and was sad to see it not on iTunes, but now it is. :D

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
DJ Shadow, Flying Lotus & El Instituto Mexicano del Sonido? Sold! Just need to wait till it's on something other than iTunes.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
This is one soundtrack I won't be buying. I haven't been too impressed with the music selection this time. The chat has been great, as ever, but I'm starting to wish there was some kind of custom radio, so I can listen to my own music while exploring the wilderness.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
No thanks.

Aside from the talk radio, the only station I can really stomach is the punk one, and even then half of the stuff on there is shit.

They could get two freaking hip hop stations, but no metal one?

And was it so hard for them to put in a custom station? Having to play my own music on the xbox is shit, because it plays over the cutscenes.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Too bad it's kinda weak. Channel X is mostly good, but even that has some duds, and WCTR is a disappointment. The San Andreas WCTR was a lot longer, more varied, and funnier I think.
By the way, R* the area-specific radio thing isn't a cool feature, it's just annoying. I don't wan't to have to stay in the country to listen to the Area 53/Tight Endzone side of WCTR.

RonHiler

Sep 16, 2004
Genocidicles said:
No thanks.

Aside from the talk radio, the only station I can really stomach is the punk one, and even then half of the stuff on there is shit.

And was it so hard for them to put in a custom station? Having to play my own music on the xbox is shit, because it plays over the cutscenes.
Yeah, I totally agree. 11 stations, and every single one of them sucks. Who put together that "rock" station? Lawrence Welk? It's terrible. The music in Saints Row 4 is far better, and that game's music was nothing to write home about.

If I had my wish I'd have wanted a decent rock station (with actual rock songs), a 90s grunge station, and maybe a modern country station. And perhaps a heavy metal station, as long as they used decent bands for it.

I know everyone has different tastes in music and whatnot, and I suppose it is in the realm of possibility that somebody out there might like some of those stations. But as far as I'm concerned, they can take the entire soundtrack and flush it.

Cormyre

Jun 11, 2010
Genocidicles said:
No thanks.

totally. this. \\m/_

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Ok. and can we now get it for everyone else but people willing to sacrifice their sanity to Itunes?

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Tanakh said:
DJ Shadow, Flying Lotus & El Instituto Mexicano del Sonido? Sold! Just need to wait till it's on something other than iTunes.
Well, it's on amazon if that's to your liking.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FCM74MI/ref=sr_1_album_1_rd?ie=UTF8&child=B00FCM7IEC&qid=1380124705&sr=1-1

Not sure why the escapist didn't mention that themselves, making me go all searching on my own to check if it was. Bah. Listening to sleepwalking will cheer me up.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Yay! Thanks! It is also one buck cheaper on Amazon.

I am a bit disappointed is not ALL the music from the game, but suppose licensing 2pack ain't cheap.