Mojang's Scrolls Gets Major Update in October

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Mojang's Scrolls Gets Major Update in October

A new game mode and spectating tools are coming to the Minecraft developer's collectible card game.

A new competitive mode for Mojang's Scrolls is coming in October. A large update to the game will introduce Judgement mode, spectator mode, new scrolls, and greater customization options. Judgement mode does not rely on a player's collection of scrolls to build a deck. Instead, the player chooses from a set selection of scrolls, selecting one out of four offered until 45 have been chosen. Those scrolls become the basis for a 30-scroll deck used for five competitive matches. This gameplay mode is similar to draft styles for other collectible card games. Spectator mode will be helpful for both tournament play and players looking to develop their skills. Expect a short delay on broadcast matches, in order to prevent players from gaining an unfair advantage by watching their opponent's stream.

Scrolls has been compared to other collectible card games, such as Magic: The Gathering and Duel of Champions. Scrolls take the place of cards in each player's deck. Current game modes include ranked matches against other players, unranked challenge matches, and quick matches against AI opponents. Tutorials and custom matches, called trials, are also available to develop your skills and build up your gold, the in-game currency. Shards, the game's real-money currency, are used to purchase cosmetic items. Some scrolls are available for purchase with either currency.

Scrolls is currently in digital download [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124366-Mojangs-Scrolls-Deals-Up-a-Launch-Trailer] with a price tag of $20 USD.

Source: Mojang [https://scrolls.com/2013/09/whats-next-for-scrolls#more-3394]

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
What's this? A new Elder Scrolls game? I didn't know Bethesda was making another one. Can't wait to play it.

Joking aside, looks interesting. I almost forgot about it.

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
So, are they actually naming it the Hearthstone update?
'cos damn, you can't get more blatant than that.

ReleGamer

Sep 24, 2013
Good to see the mtrying to shake things up and get a bit more attention. they were definitely falling off the radar with games like Hearthstone, CardHunter and Ironclad Tactics coming out. though i doubt they will be able to pull the same amount of focus as Hearthstone at the moment... but dont worry Mojang...you've still got minecraft XD

Draken Steel

May 15, 2009
Tried it, seemed solid but idk, never really caught my interest super hard, havnt played in quite a while. Has neat ideas but it doesnt seem as good as hearthstone looks.