Atlus Opens Teaser Site With Persona Logo, Announces P4A Update

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Atlus Opens Teaser Site With Persona Logo, Announces P4A Update

A new teaser site opened with the familiar P-Studio logo for Atlus' Persona team, and it can't be for the Persona 4 Arena update.

Despite all the hype, Atlus has kept quiet about a new Persona game since Persona 4's release in 2008. Today the company opened a teaser site at p-ch.jp [http://p-ch.jp/], hinting at a reveal on Nov. 24 at 8 p.m. At the bottom of the site is the logo for Atlus' Persona team, which can be seen on their other Persona games, most recently Persona 4: Golden and Persona 4 Arena. The site's red background also shows three empty boxes at the top of the page. Would it be wrong to hope for a Persona 5 teaser?

Atlus also confirmed the latest update to Persona 4 Arena: Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold in Famitsu. The new teaser site likely is not for the update, as it already has its own website. [http://p-atlus.jp/p4u2/] Two characters from Persona 3 will be joining their other cast members in the update to P4A. Yukari Takeba continues to use her bow and arrow, and she's become an actress in the fictional show Phoenix Ranger Featherman R. Junpei Iori has become a baseball player, and he uses his powerful, wild swings from P3 to fight opponents with his bat.

The trailer [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Toe2yX7nqU] also shows a completely new character to the universe. Sho Minazuki wears the Yasogami High School uniform around his waist, making him a classmate of the P4 characters, but his impact in the game is unknown.

Source: Gameranx [http://p-ch.jp/]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
The internet is going to explode that day. PERSON 5 ERMERGERDPNHDKNWKHDBW!

My body isn't ready.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
If it's not Persona 5 the world shall feel the flames of my wrath.
Also if it's PS4 exclsuive or something, ain't getting a console just for that game but it's goddamn Persona, I can't not get it.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
*Clicks link to P4:Arena update site*

*Sees background image*

D:
Yu is too badass for that!
And after watching the update's trailer ... I have no idea who that red headed kid is.

Other then that, I shall join all the rest and cross my buttocks for Persona 5 too. :D

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
If P5 winds up being a console exclusive, then we can say whatever it comes out for has won the next generations "war". In other news, who the hell is Sho?!

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
Some people have figured this out already... but judging by the six Japanese cities on the website, sadly I'm inclined to agree that this will be a concert announcement and not a game.

Now they could potentially announce a game DURING the concert, perhaps even at the opening concert in Tokyo. You're guaranteed your audience there, and it's a common practice with other companies like Namco/Bandai. But you HAVE to figure Persona 5 is coming out soon; we're on the cusp of a new game hardware generation, and the only games Atlus has on current consoles is Catherine, P4A, and a LOT of portables. They've milked Persona 4 I think a little too much at this point, so they have to put something out soon or people will start getting legitimately pissed.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Why the hell I haven't seen that P4A teaser?! And yes, it HAS to be Persona 5! There is simply no other possibility!

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
IllumInaTIma said:
Why the hell I haven't seen that P4A teaser?! And yes, it HAS to be Persona 5! There is simply no other possibility!
plot twist: it's a Persona Revelations remake

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Persona 5! Pachinko machine exclusive!

But yeah, it has to be Persona 5, right?! And one would assume, after P4A going multi-platform, that it would be too. Which, personally, I'm okay with. Just so long as SEGA makes sure it doesn't take as long to get to Europe!

Loving that P4A update name too. "The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold". Just fantastic. XD

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
Yes! Yes! Yes!
This is enough to make my week by itself. I've been excited for Persona 5 since I heard it was in development, and Atlus are a company that has never disappointed me. Well, except for their shitty European localization times. Actually, that's quite an issue. Here's to hoping the game isn't region locked.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
teh_Canape said:
IllumInaTIma said:
plot twist: it's a Persona Revelations remake
Plot twist? More like neck twist of some unfortunate fellow who gets in my way if that happens!

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
Seems like everyone gets a new attack or two in this update, which I like. As for this Sho character, besides looking a bit evil and having cool sword weapons, I think it would be hilarious if this guy is

P4A Spoiler I guess...

The real student council president of Yasogami that Yosuke and Chie talked about in their stories.

But who knows? He might just be some random student or something. I wonder how they are going to change up the story mode now though.

Bix96

Oct 10, 2012
Quiotu said:
Some people have figured this out already... but judging by the six Japanese cities on the website, sadly I'm inclined to agree that this will be a concert announcement and not a game.

Now they could potentially announce a game DURING the concert, perhaps even at the opening concert in Tokyo. You're guaranteed your audience there, and it's a common practice with other companies like Namco/Bandai. But you HAVE to figure Persona 5 is coming out soon; we're on the cusp of a new game hardware generation, and the only games Atlus has on current consoles is Catherine, P4A, and a LOT of portables. They've milked Persona 4 I think a little too much at this point, so they have to put something out soon or people will start getting legitimately pissed.
It seems that Shuhei Yoshida tweeted a link to the website which is a good sign if you ask me.