Plants vs Zombies Mixes With Risk For Board Gaming Fun

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Plants vs Zombies Mixes With Risk For Board Gaming Fun

Coming soon. When's soon? No idea.

Plants vs Zombies is about to get a taste of the real world, as board gaming manufacturer USAopoly is bringing out a RISK: Plants vs Zombies Collector's Edition, complete with Garden Gnomes, Peashooters, upgrades, and more zombies than you can shake a cucumber at. Brainsborough is under attack, and it's up to you to stem the zombie horde's advance! No word yet on an actual delivery date - it's just Coming Soon - but it'll be $29.95 when it finally drops.

[gallery=1807]

Judging by the pictures, this appears to be a multiple play area game, with strategic advances on the main board and hot skirmish action on the minor board. There will be three ways to play: Mission Objective, Total Domination, and Tower Defense, but as to how you play 'em, your guess is as good as mine. This is a 2 player game, for ages 10+. Although USAopoly has it listed as coming soon, Popcap has it on its own site as available now [http://www.pvzstore.com/risk-plants-vs-zombies-collectors-edition.html]; maybe this one's out sooner than expected.

Will you be the slightly dim but endearing zombies, or the cunning and Vegan-friendly plants? There's only one way to find out.

Source: USAopoly [http://www.usaopoly.com/games/risk-plants-vs-zombies-collectors-edition]

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Looks interesting.

In high school I played Risk about everyday with my friend. Usually ha came over to my house and we would play Mario Kart 64 etc. with my other friends, but he was actually grounded for ALL of Junior/Senior years due to poor grades.

I always thought it funny that he wasn't allowed to leave the house, but he was never prevented from having friends over or required to study.

This new PvZ risk looks considerably more in depth than the original, though THAT itself may have changed in the last 14 years.

What with the added map etc.

When we played it started with Risk, then we progressed to Castle Risk, then we used the castles on the regular Risk board.

Finally, we and some other friends made our own board, it was the size of a tablecloth.

I haven't played Risk at ALL since graduation though.

Actually having different TYPES of units like in this new game might prove cool, instead of just piling generic roman numerals up and rolling dice.

Maybe certain units have different dice to use or something.