Ratchet and Clank: Into The Nexus Comes to PS3 November 12

Michael Epstein

Sep 9, 2013
Ratchet and Clank: Into The Nexus Comes to PS3 November 12

Into The Nexus squeaks out just ahead of the PS4.

Ratchet and Clank: Into The Nexus will hit store shelves November 12, Sony announced today via the PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/03/ratchet-clank-into-the-nexus-hits-ps3-november-12th/]. Into The Nexus, a PS3-exclusive, is the last game in the series' "future" story arc, which spans Tools of Destruction, Quest For Booty, and A Crack in Time. The game will be shorter than what Ratchet and Clank fans may be used to, but will sport a $29.99 price tag to match.

According to the post from Insomniac community manager James Stevenson, making a shorter game allowed the team to tell a different kind of Ratchet and Clank story:

"The truth is, we relished this ability to tie a bow on the PS3 era of Ratchet with a shorter title." wrote Stevenson. "All of us love the Ratchet universe - and after 12 years developing the series, it feels like a very close friend. We have a lot of stories to tell, some longer, some shorter. This one felt just right. It's a very polished self-contained return to the Ratchet adventures of yore."

Of course, it wouldn't be a release date announcement without pre-order bonuses. Players who put money down at certain retailers get the Pyronox Armor. Pre-ordering through Amazon will net players a set of Ratchet and Clank-themed PlayStation Home content.

Source: PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/03/ratchet-clank-into-the-nexus-hits-ps3-november-12th/]

UPDATE: James Stevenson is the community manager for Insomniac Games, not Naughty Dog.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
really glad that Ratchet & Clank is still being made, and even though the cartoony art style may throw a few off, its on par with Pixar movies in my opinion.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
YES! Finaly a real Ratchet and Clank game and not some multiplayer bullshit. Plus finaly a new game to look forward to. I have found myself without much to look forward to this year with none of the big titles really catching my attention and my general feeling of indifference to most of the indie titles so I am very glad about this.

Mirrorknight

Jul 23, 2009
I had completely forgotten that Playstation Home is a thing that exists.

Yay, more Ratchet and Clank! Don't mind that its shorter, since actually changed the price to reflect it and not tried to slip us the game with a $60 price tag.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Huh, never played a ratchet and clank game. Now the ps3 is in it's autumn years I feel that I should at lease go through one game... I'm going through killzone's and they're just drivel.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
Looking forward to this, hopefully I'll scrounge up the cash to get it!

Dante dynamite

Mar 19, 2012
Michael Epstein said:
According to the post from Naughty Dog community manager James Stevenson, making a shorter game allowed the team to tell a different kind of Ratchet and Clank story:
There's actually a mistake in the article its Insomniac not naughty dog for a second I thought naughty dog was making the game just wanted to point that out

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I will buy this game for the sole fact that it has the Thugs 4 Less mercenaries in it again. Those guys were hilarious.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Michael Epstein said:
[...] According to the post from Naughty Dog community manager James Stevenson [...]
It's Insomniac, not Naughty Dog.
(And that is why I'll wait for reviews and unedited video before buying it. I just don't trust these guys anymore)

sinsfire

Nov 17, 2009
luvd1 said:
Huh, never played a ratchet and clank game. Now the ps3 is in it's autumn years I feel that I should at lease go through one game... I'm going through killzone's and they're just drivel.
I have loved the Ratchet games from the beginning. I highly recommend picking up the original ps2 stories (which I believe can be purchased in a collection) as well. Overall they are fun and creative. The weapons alone are always good for a laugh and the characters are genuine even if they are cartoony. I do recommend that you stick with the more story oriented games though, Deadlock and All 4 One are slight disappointments. The PS3 releases have been great and A Crack In Time is easily my favorite story (though not my favorite weapons, I think that might be "Up Your Arsenal")

As for this new release I will absolutely be picking it up. My only real concern is that I cant tell from the release if this will be then end of the franchise or just the end of the "Future" series. I truly hope its the latter. Regardless of if it remains a PS exclusive these games are such a great nostalgia trip and I would be very sad if I couldn't look forward to them any more.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Don't you mean Insomniac?

Anyway, love Ratchet & Clank, or well, the main games at least. Not a big fan of the spin off ones.
Which is why I'm looking forward to this, which seems to be a return to form.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
I will buy this game for the sole fact that it has the Thugs 4 Less mercenaries in it again. Those guys were hilarious.
It seems like Insomniac is kinda banking on the old favourites though, like bringing back Dr. Nefarious in A Crack in Time.

I'm not sure if I'm going to bother with this one. Since the start of this generation the Ratchet and Clank games have steadily been going down hill. And it all started with Insomniac trying to craft a serious lore for the series, when it's always been about goofy antics.