Assassin's Creed IV Will Run Just Fine On 32-Bit Windows

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Assassin's Creed IV Will Run Just Fine On 32-Bit Windows

Watch Dogs might be out of your reach, but Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag will run just fine on your creaky old 32-bit operating system.

Do you find the minimum system requirements for the PC release of Watch Dogs a little intimidating [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128392-Watch-Dogs-Wont-Run-on-32-Bit-Windows]? They're pretty steep; the sun is most definitely setting on the 32-bit empire, to be fair, but it's nonetheless always jarring the first time you're told that you're too old for the kiddie rides.

But fear not, for I come with good news: If you're determined to spend money on a new Ubisoft game rather than a sorely-needed upgrade to your rig, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag might be just the thing. Check it!

Supported OS: Windows Vista (SP2) / Windows 7 (SP1) / Windows 8
Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Quad Q8400 or 2.60 GHz AMD Athlon II X4 620 (2.50 GHz Intel Core i5-2400S or 3.00 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940 or better recommended)
RAM: 2 GB (4 GB or greater recommended)
Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 11-compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher (see supported list)*
Sound Card: DirectX-compatible (5.1 surround sound recommended)
Hard Drive Space: 30 GB
Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
Multiplayer: 256 kbps or faster broadband connection
*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
AMD Radeon™ HD 4870 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 series
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260 / 400 / 500 / 600 / 700 series

Broadly speaking, the recommended specs for Assassin's Creed IV are the minimum requirements for Watch Dogs, with the big exception that a 64-bit OS isn't required. You'd probably be well advised to get one anyway - this 64-bit thing isn't going away, you know - but for now, at least, you haven't been left completely out in the cold.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag comes out for the PC on November 19.

Source: Uplay [http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_CA/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.275549900]

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Hopefully the engine will be a bit better optimiz--pfffhaha, who am I kidding, if Ubisoft hasn't been able to optimize the Assassin's Creed engine across five titles yet, this next one is likely not going to buck that trend.

Still, hopefully my PC will be able to hold out another year or so until I can make the big leap forward into the futurrrrrrre!

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
1337mokro said:
Because we haven't upgraded the engine in 5 years :D
which is a good thing. still looks good and as long it does work and plays well, i will not complain.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Metalrocks said:
1337mokro said:
Because we haven't upgraded the engine in 5 years :D
which is a good thing. still looks good and as long it does work and plays well, i will not complain.
Didn't say it was a bad thing. Just that this did not need a press release. Nor should be said with such pride.

"My car still can run on leaded gas! Because I haven't changed a thing on it since 1970!"