Morgan Freeman Tells A GTA V Story

Michael Epstein

Sep 9, 2013
Morgan Freeman Tells A GTA V Story

Watching GTA V is a lot more fun when Morgan Freeman narrates.

Life just gets more interesting when Morgan Freeman is narrating. This is a fact. The man turned two hours of penguin b-roll into a compelling documentary, for god's sake! If he could do that with birds, imagine what would happen if he talked over something you might have watched anyways, like a video game?

Well you don't have to wonder anymore. Machinima [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iat0ntfPL5s] got Morgan Freeman to do a little voiceover magic (Well, not really. They got a guy who sounds a lot like him, though.) on a GTA V run. Franklin's Sh!tty Vacation is a story about life, love, and difficulties of enjoying oneself while dealing with pathological anger issues.

Source: Machinima [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iat0ntfPL5s]

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Oh my god this is amazing

"Morgan Freeman ain't getting played by no game! Fuck that noise!"

This is

gold.
Dat booby-trapped golf cart saved lives.

EDIT:
Wish it was actually Morgan Freeman dough :(

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
hahahhahah this is fantastic.

Would love Morgan Freeman to do some lets plays XD

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Alright, this just made my day. Classic GTA situations, classic Morgan Freeman. Loved it.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
This is the funniest shit i've heard in a long while.

Always nice to be reminded of why Morgan Freeman is so awesome.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Holy shit, did Machinima finally make something actually worth watching?
The Plunk said:
Sorry to be the poopiest of party poopers, but read the description:
"Voiced by Jason Stephens"
Nope, no they didn't.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
It's Machinima :| Sorry, no thank you but anything by them is just a big turn off to me because of how they treat their networked channels.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Do people actually think it's Morgan Freeman?
Well I guess that speaks to the quality of the voice impression.

Good job Jason.

Also the video was funny.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
I prefer the guys Christopher Walkenthroughs - sometimes he even does Morgan and Chris doing co-op, like Borderlands2.

There is a whole load of these videos, I like the Skyrim Walkenthroughs most though.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I watch this regularly and so should you. I think they had a guy voicing Christopher Walken in a Borderlands 2 video along with a guy who does the Morgan Freeman voice. It's the most awesome thing on the Machinima.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Poor show Escapist, and even worse show Machima claiming this is really Morgan Freeman.

As you see from these quotes, and others...

King of Asgaard said:
This legit had me guffawing.
Bravo, Morgan Freeman, you are amazing.
GundamSentinel said:
Alright, this just made my day. Classic GTA situations, classic Morgan Freeman. Loved it.
Machine Man 1992 said:
Everything's better with Morgan Freeman.

Penguins, assassins, GTA, everything!
People are genuinely fooled by this impression.

TLDR,, Escapist don't post fake headlines containing outright lies just to get page views. (Same goes for Machinima and the video)

Mike Richards

Nov 28, 2009
I can't help but feel like this is what happens when you try to cross GTA with The Stanley Parable.

That would the most hilariously broken, demented thing ever, of all time.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Alfador_VII said:
Poor show Escapist, and even worse show Machima claiming this is really Morgan Freeman.

King of Asgaard said:
GundamSentinel said:
Machine Man 1992 said:

TLDR,, Escapist don't post fake headlines containing outright lies just to get page views. (Same goes for Machinima and the video)
I'm pretty sure it's the Morgan Freeman EXPERIENCE that is being advertised and celebrated, rather than the services of the actual man himself. Videos allegedly narrated by Freeman are rapidly becoming a category in their own right, and if anyone actually IS fooled by the headline, they should soon enough be able to tell that this is an impersonator. None the less, this person DOES manage to capture the attitude and feel of Freeman-style narration, providing a welcome - and hilarious - look at what GTA V would be like if anyone could actually afford to hire Freeman as a narrator!

Now, if you will excuse me, I actually know where to find that tractor, and suddenly feel compelled to have Franklin drive it off Mount Chiliad!

Machine Man 1992

Jul 4, 2011
Alfador_VII said:

King of Asgaard said:
GundamSentinel said:
Machine Man 1992 said:

Well if it's an impression, it's a damn good one.