Professor Layton And The Azran Legacy Goes To Europe In November

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Professor Layton And The Azran Legacy Goes To Europe In November

This 3DS exclusive title will cross the pond to the US in 2014.

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, the latest Layton puzzler to tax your brains, will arrive in Europe on 8th November. Over 500 puzzles await, as you try to find out why Targent has kidnapped a girl who spent the last few centuries entombed alive in an icy prison. The legacy of the ancient Azran civilization hangs in the balance, as Layton, Luke and Emmy embark on the Professor's greatest adventure. The events of this game take place right after Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, but long-time fans will find much here to celebrate, as the plot here links all the way back to the first in the series, Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

In addition to the brain-crushing puzzles, there are three new mini games to tease you. Dress Up has you playing fashion consultant, advising the characters you meet on how to put together the very best outfit. Nut Roller has you playing as an entirely different kind of consultant, as you help a squirrel defeat an obstacle course and collect walnuts; Hint Coins are at stake in this one, which can help you solve one of the many, many puzzles on offer. Blooms and Shrooms has you playing gardener, trying to create the best floral paradise without accidentally creating too many poisonous mushrooms. On top of all this, there's Treasure Hunt mode, which lets you challenge other players via StreetPass to find collectables. Success here gets you decoration for your airship, and special cut scenes with characters from past games.

This 3DS exclusive will be the last of the series to star Professor Layton as a protagonist so, if you've grown fond of dashing Hershel, you've one last chance to help him solve the grandest puzzle of his life. He's on the cusp of understanding everything the prequel series has been building to so far and, come November, the Azran secret will be revealed.

DaViller

Sep 3, 2013
Now thats a game thats getting me hyped. The last timetravel is the second and sofar last game to ever make me shed tears at its ending. Man that was some seriously fucked up stuff happening in a kids game (or at least a very innocent looking game).

I doubt this game will the same effect on me (the last game was good but somehoew missing something), but I just have to know what happens to descoles and laytons rivalry.

vipLink

May 28, 2011
DaViller said:
Now thats a game thats getting me hyped. The last timetravel is the second and sofar last game to ever make me shed tears at its ending. Man that was some seriously fucked up stuff happening in a kids game (or at least a very innocent looking game).
Oh great... Now you've reminded me of how sad that was!
That ending went on forever and just piled on more and more it really just had to leave you heartbroken.

Lukes Quote:
Luke: But professor, I'm not a gentleman yet. [Crying]
Was the last straw that left me a little teary eyed!

But yeah love Layton can't wait.
Hope they make it one great ending.

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
Hell yeah, getting this on day one. Love the Layton games. This is the final game in the prequel trilogy, right?

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
OuendanCyrus said:
Hell yeah, getting this on day one. Love the Layton games. This is the final game in the prequel trilogy, right?
And supposedly the last game starring Layton.

DaViller

Sep 3, 2013
vipLink said:
DaViller said:
Oh great... Now you've reminded me of how sad that was!
That ending went on forever and just piled on more and more it really just had to leave you heartbroken.

Lukes Quote:
Luke: But professor, I'm not a gentleman yet. [Crying]
Was the last straw that left me a little teary eyed!

But yeah love Layton can't wait.
Hope they make it one great ending.
HaHa it's cool dude, i think everyone who watched that and isn't a sociopath feels pretty much the same way.

Man if they can pull of something like that again, im awarding this the best series in videogames ever.