8 Close-ups That Made Movies Famous

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I was hoping for Charles Bronson and I wasn't disappointed. No close-up like a Sergio Leone close-up.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
You really should have put the titles of all of those movies somewhere. I didn't know what movies half of those pictures came from, and with some of them not having the titles of the movies it made those pictures pointless.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Great list, three gripes: 1) I don't think The Bride's close-up is "up there" with the rest of them, 2) some sort of mention should've gone to Maria Falconetti in The Passion of Jean d'Arc, since the movie is literally constructed of close-ups of her character, and 3) Michael Corleone sitting at restaurant, moments before he shoots Sollozzo and co.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Only knew the first one. looks like those movies aren't that famous.

Capcha:
You First.

NO YOU!

EDIT:
I would also say this one is a more famous close up then most of those

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
karloss01 said:
Only knew the first one. looks like those movies aren't that famous.

Capcha:
You First.

NO YOU!

EDIT:
I would also say this one is a more famous close up then most of those
I think you are wrong, though the bride and Bronson seems like less known choices, i've never seen those particular stills before. And i would probably have chosen Good, bad, ugly instead of Once upon a time.

I don't think it gets more famous than Shining, Clockwork Orange, Lost Highway and Silence of the lambs, atleast if we talk film history. Those images are unavoidable if you read film litterature. The alien image would have been a good replacement for Kill Bill though^^.

DestinyCall

May 5, 2009
I only recognized about half of these stills. I guess I don't watch enough movies ... or this list wasn't that iconic.

elvis-66

Apr 2, 2010
Feature was crap, two images that are both better images and from way better films already submitted. If time is short for a feature in future may I suggest an animated 404 page instead?

Encaen

May 6, 2005
8 Close-ups That Made Movies Famous

Movies are composed of many different shots, but today we celebrate the close-up and its many uses.

Read Full Article