Official "High Capacity" Wii U Gamepad Battery Available in UK, Germany

Michael Epstein

Sep 9, 2013
Official "High Capacity" Wii U Gamepad Battery Available in UK, Germany

It looks like Nintendo has come up with solution for your Wii U gamepad power issues.

Nintendo has released an official "high capacity" battery for the Wii U gamepad in Europe, according to German [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Pad-High-Capacity-Battery/dp/B00EZPU0E2/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1381321887&sr=1-4&keywords=battery] Amazon listings. The battery, first announced for the Japanese market in May, costs £25 or 35 Euro.

The extended battery holds 2,500mAh, allowing for five-eight hours of play time. The standard battery only hold 1,500mAh, and works for three-five hours.

Nintendo has not indicated when or if the extended battery will hit North American store shelves. If the suspense is simply too much to bear, there are currently third-party battery packs available.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Pad-High-Capacity-Battery/dp/B00EZPU0E2/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1381321887&sr=1-4&keywords=battery]

Velociferocks

Jul 20, 2009
Don't know why companies skimp on batteries (or overcharge)? It's not like they're ridiculously expensive (exception above) or anything. My phone has a 3100mAh battery, you could find one of those for about 10$ on amazon (another 10$ and you could double that).

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Seriously, do I have some kind of super gamepad battery or something? I hear so many people talk about how little battery life it has, yet it takes a solid hour and a half unplugged to get one of the four energy bars to disappear for me.

Now the original 3DS on the other hand, that battery has serious problems.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Hero of Lime said:
Seriously, do I have some kind of super gamepad battery or something? I hear so many people talk about how little battery life it has, yet it takes a solid hour and a half unplugged to get one of the four energy bars to disappear for me.
You might have your Gamepad overcharged a bit in that case because that's what can happen from time to time. At least that's what happens to me.

OT: Release it over here Nintendo and I'll start using the Gamepad more than my Pro Controller. >.>

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Neronium said:
Hero of Lime said:
You might have your Gamepad overcharged a bit in that case because that's what can happen from time to time. At least that's what happens to me.
That would be awesome, it really keeps its charge better than my 3DS which is kinda sad. I always plug it back into the charger after I'm done playing, so I don't know if that helps or not.