Kickstarter Launches in Australia, New Zealand November 13

Michael Epstein

Sep 9, 2013
Kickstarter Launches in Australia, New Zealand November 13

I hope you haven't grown tired of Kickstarter yet, because there's another wave coming.

Kickstarter will expand its operations to include proposals out of Australia and New Zealand starting November 13, according to the new Kickstarter Australia website [http://www.kickstarter.com/australia]. The biggest crowdsourcing game in town announced they would be expanding to those countries back in August. With the site's launch, potential fundraisers are now able to start building their campaign pages.

With Australia and New Zealand Kickstarter will be available in five countries worldwide. The service is currently available in the US, UK and Canada, which launched in August.

Warming fundraisers to the idea of using its services, Kickstarter has been running a series of "Kickstarter School" events in Australia, showing would-be users what goes into a successful Kickstarter campaign. Scheduled programs are running in various cities through November 1, though users can request workshops and other services, implying the company may schedule more down the road.

Source: Kickstarter Australia [http://www.kickstarter.com/australia]

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
So, that's the AUSCANNZUKUS nations?

Wonder why them and nobody else (yet).

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
thaluikhain said:
So, that's the AUSCANNZUKUS nations?

Wonder why them and nobody else (yet).
Probably something to do with how terms and services and local laws are quite similar in Anglo-Saxon, English-as-primary-language, dominated nations.

Part of me is happy it's coming here as we've got some pretty damn good software developers in New Zealand but at the same time it's a bit late as everyone can attest the Kickstarter ship is presently still on its maiden voyage - folks are awaiting the "big names" to finally release their games and prove if it's a viable model.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
There already is an NZ style kickstarter service, Pledge Me, but since I only know about it because I specifically looked to see if there was something, it hasn't exactly got the highest profile...