Endless Space Gets More Free DLC This November

BlameTheWizards

Jun 1, 2009
Endless Space Gets More Free DLC This November

The Search for Auriga adds new heroes and features to the Endless Space: Disharmony expansion pack.

A fifth free DLC pack has been announced by publisher Iceberg Interactive for its 4X spacefaring game Endless Space. Titled The Search for Auriga, the extra content will include new heroes, a special wonder, a unique planet and features such as Rally Points and balance tweaks to to the AI, according to Iceberg's press release. The expansion is due in November, with more details arriving soon, the company said.

The only catch is that the coming DLC will require the Endless Space: Disharmony expansion, which was released earlier this year. Developer Amplitude Studios have regularly supported Endless Space with free DLC since it's July 2012 launch. The previous four free content packs brought new factions, heroes, buildings and other features to the game.

Source: Joystiq

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
"balance tweaks to to the AI"

Hopefully this is code for FIXING what they broke with Disharmony.

I swear the AI went full retard after that.

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
You know, back in my time, when a developer made an update to their game that was free, made minor tweaks to the game and maybe added a few little extras, we didn't call it "free DLC". We called it a "patch"...

That said, I might actually dust off my copy of this game this Novermber. Endless Space, even though it had a few problems, was my second favorite space 4X game of recent memory (with a properly patched and modded Sword of the Stars being #1), so I guess this "free DLC" would be as good an opportunity as any to reinstall it.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
GabeZhul said:
You know, back in my time, when a developer made an update to their game that was free, made minor tweaks to the game and maybe added a few little extras, we didn't call it "free DLC". We called it a "patch"...

That said, I might actually dust off my copy of this game this Novermber. Endless Space, even though it had a few problems, was my second favorite space 4X game of recent memory (with a properly patched and modded Sword of the Stars being #1), so I guess this "free DLC" would be as good an opportunity as any to reinstall it.
I don't know, adding entire new factions sounds like free DLC to me.

And likewise, I am looking forward to this.

fluxy100

May 22, 2010
Tweaks to the AI

I hope that means "Stop the AI from outright Cheating". That was the reason that this game drove me crazy. The whole AI knowing the exact moment you start expanding, and immediately summons like 15 colony ships to take over all the planets. That was complete bullshit.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Desert Punk said:
saintdane05 said:
Is this kind of like Infinite Space? At all?
<youtube=P7ug7prJIvM>
Not really no, Infinite Space is in a class all its own. One I want more of.

Fuck if they would give me Infinite Space 2 I would go buy a 3ds
And then you would destroy it in rage.
FUUUUUU!!!

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Haven't played Endless Space in months. The problem I kept running into was that I never felt like I was making much of a choice in what I was going for, I'd always just end up advancing in production/economy/research pretty much evenly no matter what I did.

Also the variety of win conditions were pretty cool but if you weren't actively engaged in war it felt like playing solitaire. What the AI deemed a fair trade was often absolutely batshit insane.

I went back to spending my sleepless nights on Civ 5 once Gods and Kings was released.

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
erttheking said:
GabeZhul said:

Excuse me, but where do you see "new factions" in this DLC announcement?

It promises new heroes (which is really nothing much, as all heroes are only defined by their two traits, so one can make a hundred of them with enough stock pictures and a random name generator), a new wonder (which also doesn't sound much, but hey, I might be wrong), a unique planet (which I suppose would be the aforementioned Auriga, so I suppose it will be a new victory condition to find/capture/build something on the planet) and game mechanic/balance fixes (read: what a patch does). I see no mention of "new faction" in that.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
GabeZhul said:
erttheking said:
GabeZhul said:

Excuse me, but where do you see "new factions" in this DLC announcement?

It promises new heroes (which is really nothing much, as all heroes are only defined by their two traits, so one can make a hundred of them with enough stock pictures and a random name generator), a new wonder (which also doesn't sound much, but hey, I might be wrong), a unique planet (which I suppose would be the aforementioned Auriga, so I suppose it will be a new victory condition to find/capture/build something on the planet) and game mechanic/balance fixes (read: what a patch does). I see no mention of "new faction" in that.
I was more or less referring to the previous updates, specifically the automatons.

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
I love this game, its a better version of the civilization series(ahhhhhh, civilization V..... where the AI bounces between full retard and cheating gods between 2 of the difficulty settings) with a lot more depth and actual diplomacy.

I love these devs too, producing free content to improve the value of their products for future customers and rewarding the players that already bought the product early on.

This game receives Snekadid's Seal(arf arf) of approval.