Trademark Suggests More Aliens Despite Colonial Marines Debacle

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Trademark Suggests More Aliens Despite Colonial Marines Debacle

Twentieth Century Fox hasn't given up hope.

Twentieth Century Fox has trademarked a new Aliens title, Isolation, for use with computer game and video game software, downloadable mobile software, and decorative magnets. And what magnificent magnets they will be, but as far as the game goes, we know nothing apart from the name.

This comes in spite of the Rome II [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6832-A-LIE-ns-Colonial-Marines], this could mean Isolation will have RTS elements.

Or not. All we have to go on is an Aliens: Isolation trademark. The vertical slice of gameplay video should be along at any moment.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/21/alien-isolation-trademark-suggests-fox-hasnt-given-aliens-games/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29]

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
"Downloadable mobile software" reeks a little bit of a cheap iOS game with a PC port.

wombat_of_war said:
I know they have a warhammer fantasy total war being made at the moment
Personally i refer to it as Orcs: Total WAAAGH and will continue to do so until the official reveal tells me otherwise.

Karthenak

Jun 19, 2013
You know I'm....not really sure how to take this news.

With a big heapin pile of salt.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Karthenak said:
You know I'm....not really sure how to take this news.

With a big heapin pile of salt.
Well, I am interested because I am honest: I didn't find Colonial Marines bad. It was average, but at least decent enough (for 25 bucks price) once the big patches hit. And the Singleplayer DLC "Stasis Interrupted" was also worth it's full ten bucks and filled quite a few holes the mainstory created in the plot with Hicks.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Computer games and magnets! What a delightful combination.

Eh...franchise still sells, despite...everything. Honestly, it's time to come up with something new and leave the Aliens be.

Viper114

Dec 3, 2008
ACM was a big problem, but that doesn't necessarily mean this game will suffer the same fate. Granted, I don't think of much besides Total War when it comes to CA, but we'll see what happens, they could surprise us.

sid

Jan 22, 2013
I say bravo. It's one thing to create a safe sequel to an established franchise, as most companies tend to do. It's another to go for a take two of a horrible game. I can't say without a doubt that the next one won't be equally awful, but if this is their attempt at fixing the colonial marines debacle, I can't help but admire the guys.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
My only experience with ACM was after the huge patch. While many of the problems were fixed, several still remained. It wound up being a rather "OK" experience with moments that showed great potential. Overall, it was a fairly enjoyable but disappointing play though. Good enough that I'd be willing to give another shot at the Aliens franchise.

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
wombat_of_war said:
creative assembly seem to be moving away from purely historical games. i know they have a warhammer fantasy total war being made at the moment
No shit!? Well that's good news at least. Don't think I care about the Aliens franchise any more.

Berny Marcus

May 20, 2013
I like it how some people here are already skeptical of a game that's only been trademarked.
I mean they have a reason cuz of Marines, but it's not really fair to judge the game already without at least seeeing ome gameplay videos. All we got is a trademark and the studio who makes them. Could it be an RTS game? Possibly, is that bad? Not really, it could be a great game for all we know.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Hopefully they can give it to a non-retarded developer and we can finally get the blatantly obvious survival horror game.

Or alternatively, my ideal Aliens game: one where you play as a xenomorph slaughtering Weyland-Yutani execs.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
This needs to be made very clear: Aliens Colonial Marines was an awful, awful game for a lot of reasons, but none of those reasons were because it was an Aliens game. Its awfulness was caused by budget problems (and allegedly repurposing of allocated funds to Borderlands 2), hiring the job out to another dev without enough time to get it done properly, and from what I can tell, a healthy dose of dishonesty. It's a safe bet that a new Aliens game will have none of those problems.

P.S. Thanks

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Here's to hoping this ends with a game that makes us forget A:CM.

And if not, there will always be Aliens: Infestation for DS, aka the pretty good one. Short, but sweet & challenging.

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
Unfortunately, A:CM wasn't a complete sales disaster.

As far as the suits are concerned, an incredibly bad game that makes money is far better than a wonderful game that doesn't sell.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
thaluikhain said:
Computer games and magnets! What a delightful combination.

Eh...franchise still sells, despite...everything. Honestly, it's time to come up with something new and leave the Aliens be.
But it still makes a tonne of money. That's like saying they shouldn't make anymore Star Trek or Star Wars games/movies/books/toys/etc.

Bleidd Whitefalcon

Mar 8, 2012
gigastar said:
"Downloadable mobile software" reeks a little bit of a cheap iOS game with a PC port.

wombat_of_war said:
I know they have a warhammer fantasy total war being made at the moment
Personally i refer to it as Orcs: Total WAAAGH and will continue to do so until the official reveal tells me otherwise.
That is the best title.

OT: If CA is involved, it's likely to be decent at least. Better then Colonial Marines at any rate (though that's setting the bar kinda low XD)