Pokemon

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
Aww the librarian looks so cute in this <3

Let yet another Pokemon thread commence...I guess.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
That's something I always remembered wondering about with my brief (gen 1-3) experience with Pokémon....

"Why the fuck is EVERYTHING in this world based around these little buggers?!"

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Pokemon romance novels, a tale of star crossed lovers amies...

It's true, everyone does seem to have Pokemon knicknacks in their cupboards... I can't stop checking them for loot though.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
dblkknight said:
I never understood the Pokemon fascination. It is like crack to those who are into it.
Yeah, second that...OTOH, I don't understand Bronies, Browncoats or people who think NuWho is better than old either.

Oct 22, 2011
Yeah, pretty much this.

Why there's a PokeMart in every little shithole, yet you can hardly find any hospital or shop for humans? What if I want to drink a soda, instead of some Poke-coke?

Captcha: Best seller
-You have no idea!

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I don't find this quite so odd, honestly.

I mean, the humans in the Pokémon world have cooperated and coexisted with Pokémon... forever.

In a way, it's all they know. Their lives and cultures are so infused with these creatures that to think of a story that doesn't involve them is outlandish.

Like, how many stories do we have that feature not a single human, or anthropomorphic animals?

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
I understood the pokemon craze.... WHEN I WAS 14 AND RED AND BLUE HAD JUST COME OUT! I was a serious pokemaniac then, I could recite the poke-rap and all that, but when they added 100 more I called it quits because I already had all 151, I won pokemon and they can't take that from me if I don't play their new shit :p

It was a fun RPG but they kept taking it kiddier and kiddier, that may sound weird considering its a kids series, but the originals had a lot of violence and angry pokemon. There was also alot of "mature content"(no, not sex you perv), I remember the original description for parasec having to do with the fungus eating into its hosts brain and hijacking its body.... that's pretty creepy for a kids game.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
RJ 17 said:
That's something I always remembered wondering about with my brief (gen 1-3) experience with Pokémon....

Well, the nuggets that you pick up don't seem to be. Even in the world of pokemon people go gaga over dat yellow rock.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
dblkknight said:
I never understood the Pokemon fascination. It is like crack to those who are into it.
This comic isn't referring to real-life Pokemon fans, but the fictional world in which the games take place. In that world, everything is based around Pokemon, which always seems a bit weird, as there must be a significant portion of people who either dislike or don't care about Pokemon within that world.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Wish I could make out the book titles.
Second one down is "A Tale of Two Lapras"
Fourth one down is "Of Rattata and Men"
Eighth one down is "War and Pokemon"

Those are the ones I can make out fully.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
erttheking said:
RJ 17 said:

Well, the nuggets that you pick up don't seem to be. Even in the world of pokemon people go gaga over dat yellow rock.
Didn't you know? Nuggets are fossilized Poke-Poo.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
He doesn't like Pokemon! BURN HIM!
Amaranth used Fire Spin.

It's Super Effective!

RJ 17 said:

It's based on Japan, where everything is based around them.

They don't let outsiders know, because their Pokélords don't wish us to know they exist...Until it's too late.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Doom972 said:
This comic isn't referring to real-life Pokemon fans, but the fictional world in which the games take place. In that world, everything is based around Pokemon, which always seems a bit weird, as there must be a significant portion of people who either dislike or don't care about Pokemon within that world.
At least, there used to be.

Before the purge....

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
canadamus_prime said:
You joke [sub][sub](I hope. <.<)[/sub][/sub] but it must really suck for anyone who doesn't like pokemon in the pokemon world.
Zachary Amaranth said:
canadamus_prime said:
Amaranth used Fire Spin.

It's Super Effective!

RJ 17 said:

It's based on Japan, where everything is based around them.

They don't let outsiders know, because their Pokélords don't wish us to know they exist...Until it's too late.
In our darkest hour, we will turn to the fallen, and they will save us in our time of need.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Actually I was quite surprised at the number of NPCs that don't talk about Pokemon at all in X & Y. Maybe Nintendo got tired of people making this joke XD