Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Music Box Only for GAME Collector's Edition

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Music Box Only for GAME Collector's Edition

The music box teased in a Nintendo vine is not a preorder bonus.

Zelda Producer Eiji Aonuma opened a palm-sized treasure chest to the familiar chime in a vine [https://vine.co/v/hwzQb2LpneO] Nintendo of Europe posted one week ago. The short video suggested the music box would be a pre-order bonus for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. However, GAME, the UK game retailer, has revealed that the music box is only included in the collector's edition of the game ordered through its stores. The collector's edition will cost £49.99.

The collector's edition includes a boxed copy of A Link Between Worlds, a download code for Link's Awakening DX, the music box, an a glossy poster exclusive to GAME. Link's Awakening DX takes up 55 blocks (6 MB), and the download code will be issued per order instead of per copy of the game. In addition, the code will be issued to buyers via email once the order has been confirmed. Once this has occurred, it will be too late to cancel pre-orders for the collector's edition.

Link's Awakening is an earlier Zelda title, first on the Game Boy; Link's Awakening DX, a remake, was first on the Game Boy Color. The game does not take place in Hyrule, nor does it feature Princess Zelda. Link is shipwrecked and must collect items and go through dungeons to find a way home.

A Link Between Worlds launches on Nov. 22 for the 3DS.

Source: MCV [http://www.game.co.uk/en/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds-game-exclusive-collectors-edition-245951]

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
Siiiigh

But I guess I'm used to not getting cool collector's stuff, living in Australia and all.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Anyone else here feel like they're missing a trick by not including, say, a download code for the original Link to the Past?

It would be cool to see some SNES games show up in the 3DS eShop, and what better title to kick off with than one that's getting a sequel released for the very same system?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Boy they really are trying to build up to be popular again,first being one of the few retails that sold Pokemon X and Y a day early in the UK and now this.

Also is there a bigger image of that music box? I cna barely see it in the new page.

Splunge

Cautiously Optimistic
May 4, 2009
That's odd. EB Games here in Australia are promoting their pre-orders with this music box.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Kmadden2004 said:
Anyone else here feel like they're missing a trick by not including, say, a download code for the original Link to the Past?

It would be cool to see some SNES games show up in the 3DS eShop, and what better title to kick off with than one that's getting a sequel released for the very same system?
it is pretty dumb that they didn't port it to the eshop yet, it's only wii virtual console

i'd welcome the refresher though, yes