BlizzCon Now In Handy Box Form, If You Can't Be There In Person

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
BlizzCon Now In Handy Box Form, If You Can't Be There In Person

You mean I could have an epic purple lanyard of my very own?

The folks at Blizzard figure the best way for those of you who aren't able to attend BlizzCon in body to attend in spirit instead, is to hold a BlizzCon in a Box contest. Get yer virtual ticket, yer epic purple lanyard, yer temp tattoos, yer thundersticks ... all you have to do is win a competition at one of Blizzard's participating sites, and you too could get the box of your dreams.

The competition is only available to North American residents, and ends October 28th, so if you think this is for you, better hurry. What do you have to do to get one? Well, it's up to the participating site. MMO Champion [http://www.blizzpro.com/blog/2013/10/21/make-your-own-blizzcon-in-the-comfort-of-your-own-home-win-blizzcon-in-a-box/] wants a screenshot of you and your buddies in-game yelling "BlizzCon"! And so forth.

BlizzCon, the gift that keeps on giving, now in handy dandy box form, for a party of one. Probably the best item in the pack is the virtual ticket, which will include all of the virtual items normally only given to Con attendees. Go nuts! Rub on a temp tattoo! You'll be glad you did.

Source: Blizzard [http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/forum/topic/10311941281]

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
Karloff said:
The competition is only available to North American residents
Oh good, so the people least likely to be able to attend are also denied entry in a competition specifically aimed at people who can't attend.
I get that shipping costs more to international fans, but we're talking Blizzard, not some minor game developer who's just scraping by.

Now I don't usually do this, but I swear CAPTCHA can read minds sometimes...
"it hurts"
Yes it does CAPTCHA, I know how you feel.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
fletch_talon said:
Karloff said:
The competition is only available to North American residents
Oh good, so the people least likely to be able to attend are also denied entry in a competition specifically aimed at people who can't attend.
I get that shipping costs more to international fans, but we're talking Blizzard, not some minor game developer who's just scraping by.

Now I don't usually do this, but I swear CAPTCHA can read minds sometimes...
"it hurts"
Yes it does CAPTCHA, I know how you feel.
Yeap

Blizzard just showing everyone again how they don't give a crap about anyone outside the US, this competition makes 0 sense if only open to people who actually have a fair chance at attending blizzcon - and this coming from a guy who did fly from Australia to attend blizzcon once... and was financially crippled in the aftermath.

They took $15 a month from me for over 7 years, I'm sure they can afford the ~$30-50 postage fee for this box.

I'm kind of glad I don't play WoW anymore

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Meh, I'm going to a meetup to watch the con with some friends. Will be infinitely more fun. I don't need your smelly box or US citizenship Blizz.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
If I working for Blizzard I'd suggest that we sell the box like a Digital Blizzcon Collector's Edition. You buy the virtual Blizzcon ticket and then if you want, you can pay extra to get the box. All the con swag without the travel.