New Wii U Bundle Bundles New Super Mario Bros. U With Luigi DLC

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
New Wii U Bundle Bundles New Super Mario Bros. U With Luigi DLC

The new Wii U deluxe bundle will replace the current bundle, which includes Nintendo Land.

It's still the year of Luigi for another two months, and just in time for the holiday season, Nintendo has announced a new Wii U deluxe bundle that bundles New Super Mario Bros. U with its New Super Luigi U DLC. The bundle will replace the current Wii U deluxe set in the US, which currently comes with a copy of Nintendo Land. It'll set you back $300, and be available on November 1.

Both games will be included on a single disc, and Nintendo Land will become available at retail and on the Nintendo eShop for $30. Just like the Nintendo Land bundle, the Mario and Luigi bundle will come with 32GB of internal memory, a charging cradle and stands for console and controller, and a Nintendo Network premium subscription.

Nintendo added that the limited-edition Wii U deluxe bundle that contains a download code for The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD will only be available while supplies last, and will also set you back $300, down $50 from what we previously believed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127146-Report-350-Wind-Waker-Wii-U-Bundle-All-But-Confirmed].

Nintendo is finally putting together a strong lineup of games for its struggling system, with Wind Waker HD and Pikmin 3 already out, and Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 7 right around the corner. It makes sense that they'd remove what is arguably one of the console's weaker gamers (Nintendo Land) from the bundle, and replace it with one of its best launch titles.

Will this bundle finally convince you to get a Wii U, or are you, like me, just holding out for the new Smash Bros.?

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/23/new-wii-u-deluxe-bundle-includes-new-super-mario-bros-luigi-u-300/]

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I'm with you Steven, Just waiting for the new Smash Brothers. It's what may determine if I purchase the Wii U altogether.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
The name "Nintendo Land" is enough by itself to fill me with complete apathy, so it sounds like Nintendo are doing themselves a favour. Not that I have the inclination or the cash right now, but I'm still fond enough of Nintendo that I'm considering getting a Wii U down the line.

Juste Goose

Aug 1, 2013
We're missing the real important question.

Does the game come in an actual case with a manual, or one of those lame sleeves?

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
This is not enough.

Not enough must have titles. Not enough new IPs. Not enough innovative new ideas. I suspect nintendo will have to do much, much better than this. Next year will be all-or-nothing for Nintendo. If they don't have enough enticing games before Sony and MS pull out the big guns for their new systems, their console is doomed *lighting bolt strike*

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
It's tempting. I really love me some Mario even if the series has stagnating a lot. However I'm still beset by financial woes.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Whoa, this is actually a bit of a surprise. Mario games (and Nintendo IPs in general, I suppose) have the annoying tendency to remain at full price for long periods of time - there are always people who will buy them as such. I've been planning on picking one of these up for a while now, but now I'm torn on which bundle to get.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I'd love to get this but I'm still waiting for New Super Mario Brothers Wii to go down in price... IT'S FOUR YEARS OLD! STOP BEING SO GOD DAMNED GREEDY NINTENDO! (or whoever makes these prices) it's still 59.99!! It's not even worth that much!

Sep 14, 2009
Quiet Stranger said:
I'd love to get this but I'm still waiting for New Super Mario Brothers Wii to go down in price... IT'S FOUR YEARS OLD! STOP BEING SO GOD DAMNED GREEDY NINTENDO! (or whoever makes these prices) it's still 59.99!! It's not even worth that much!
nintendo drop a game price based on time? hahahaha that is a laugh and a half, good luck with that one.

but really, check amazon/walmart/(whoever your local places are, but online)

new super mario bros wii is around ~29 bucks with free shipping, even if that is recently dropped.

between them and activision, i don't know who is more stubborn about price drops.

OT: while this is interesting and good for choice, not gonna entice me at all for a wiiu

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I actually really like Nintendoland. It's not a great game, but the single player games are interesting enough to have kept me occupied (especially DK's Crash Course). What I've played of the multiplayer was fun. I think it was a solid choice to have as the bundled game, since it's a new IP that provides a single and multiplayer experience. Their main mistake with it in my opinion was not including a Wii Motion Plus remote with the system. Those things are expensive, and are necessary for families to play together. Though if they jacked up the price to make up for it, I can see it not working out anyways.

As for Mario being included, it seems like a solid addition. I think I'd choose it over the Wind Waker one, if only because of the fact I still have the Gamecube version (though I already bought the WW system anyways, so...)