Doctor Who 3D Screenings Go To Cinemas Worldwide

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Doctor Who 3D Screenings Go To Cinemas Worldwide

Not sure if there's a showing near you? There's a map for that.

Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary episode will be shown in cinemas worldwide, including Canada and the US, simultaneously with the show's TV broadcast. What's more, the 75 minute cinema version will be in 3D, for those of you who just can't get enough of special effects wizardry. Tickets will be on sale as of October 25th, 9am; the showing's set for November 23rd.

Not sure if there's a cinema near you that's showing it? Well, there's decent odds; there's a screening finder over here [http://www.doctorwho.tv/watch-the-day-of-the-doctor/] that might answer your question. It's not fully functional yet, and doesn't show much beyond the UK and Europe; more information will be available later.

The only people to be slightly squeezed are those in New Zealand and Australia; there will be 106 cinemas across those two countries showing the special, but not as part of the simultaneous broadcast. Time zones being what they are, if they were to air at the same time as the rest of the world, the show would be at some godawful hour in the morning, which clearly wouldn't do. They get to see it slightly later on the 24th, instead.

In the meantime sit back, relax, put the kettle on. There's just about a month yet to go before the show.

Source: Guardian [http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/oct/23/doctor-who-3d-birthday-cinema-50th-anniversary]

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
So what, Jersey gets their own screening but apart from the British Isles only German cinemas are participating? Man, screw this.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Quaxar said:
So what, Jersey gets their own screening but apart from the British Isles only German cinemas are participating? Man, screw this.
calm your hoofs down! the map...

Karloff said:
It's not fully functional yet, and doesn't show much beyond the UK and Europe; more information will be available later.
Just checked my local cinemas, they're all showing it, so I guess I won't be going out that night!

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I guess this is one of those rare times I can feel privileged to actually be British, fancy that.

Still not sure if I want to leave my comfy sofa and brave hoards of people just to see this though, as much as I love Doctor Who.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
Oh yes, go pay a extra money to sit through a 75 minute explanation of why this next doctor will NOT, in fact, be the last doctor. I'm going to watch it, of course, but not paying extra buckage and NOT IN 3D. Wait, can I bold and underline that? NOT IN 3D. I should add italics for good measure.

NOT IN 3D!!