Assassin's Creed: New World

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Assassin's Creed: New World

Live the life of a HITman cum snarky pirate in Mike Kayatta's Assassin's Creed interactive fiction. Take the space apple and save the world! (Not necessarily in that order.)

Read Full Article

zerragonoss

Oct 15, 2009
Hey pretty awesome so far, but I ran into a loop at ask Greta for help with your leg, ask Penelope about her lunch.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
zerragonoss said:
Hey pretty awesome so far, but I ran into a loop at ask Greta for help with your leg, ask Penelope about her lunch.
Likewise. I fixed it by editing the address bar and searching through nearby pages, but there's definitely a glitch there (and in a couple of other places).

Anyway, about the end...

...Is it possible to save Greta AND the world?

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
zerragonoss said:
Thanks! Actually, it's not a loop. Think about that bit like a point-and-click adventure, where you can talk to the same NPCs more than once. You can enter the Animus to stop asking questions. I also updated some text to hopefully make that more clear. :)

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
Mike Kayatta said:
zerragonoss said:
Thanks! Actually, it's not a loop. Think about that bit like a point-and-click adventure, where you can talk to the same NPCs more than once. You can enter the Animus to stop asking questions. I also updated some text to hopefully make that more clear. :)
Uh... No, sorry, it isn't fixed.

Okay. Bug-report.
Pages 62,63,64 - just got pulled out of the Animus by various methods. Given options 65_Greta or 66_Penelope. I pick Penelope.
Page 66 - Penelope spits at me. Only given one choice - 65_Greta.
Page 65 - Greta fixes my leg. Only given one choice - 68_Penelope.
Page 68 - Penelope spits at me again with identical writing to Page 66. Only given one choice - 65_Danny. Except that 65 isn't Danny, it's Greta, and I'm now stuck in an alternating loop between 65 and 68.

I think 68 should be directing to 67 instead of 65, but there's a new problem on page 67. Page 67 gives me two choices about the mutiny, except one of them directs me to 68 and Penelope, and the other directs me to 69 and Greta, which is identical to 65.

So 65 is identical to 69, and 68 is identical to 66. I think some pages got accidentally duplicated and overwrote some other content, but that still doesn't explain the alternating loop between 65 and 68.

Anyway, it takes me to skip to 71 to actually move the plot along, which puts me in the middle of a brawl with no idea how it started. Skipping to 72 and 74 also work, putting me in conversation with Columbus.

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
The_Darkness said:
Mike Kayatta said:
zerragonoss said:
Uh... No, sorry, it isn't fixed.

Okay. Bug-report.
Pages 62,63,64 - just got pulled out of the Animus by various methods. Given options 65_Greta or 66_Penelope. I pick Penelope.
Page 66 - Penelope spits at me. Only given one choice - 65_Greta.
Page 65 - Greta fixes my leg. Only given one choice - 68_Penelope.
Page 68 - Penelope spits at me again with identical writing to Page 66. Only given one choice - 65_Danny. Except that 65 isn't Danny, it's Greta, and I'm now stuck in an alternating loop between 65 and 68.

I think 68 should be directing to 67 instead of 65, but there's a new problem on page 67. Page 67 gives me two choices about the mutiny, except one of them directs me to 68 and Penelope, and the other directs me to 69 and Greta, which is identical to 65.

So 65 is identical to 69, and 68 is identical to 66. I think some pages got accidentally duplicated and overwrote some other content, but that still doesn't explain the alternating loop between 65 and 68.

Anyway, it takes me to skip to 71 to actually move the plot along, which puts me in the middle of a brawl with no idea how it started. Skipping to 72 and 74 also work, putting me in conversation with Columbus.
You're absolutely right. I found the error. This should be working now! Thanks so much for spotting the bug! It was sort of tough to find, because you had to made a very specific chain of decisions to get caught in it. Please try again!

Jakale

Feb 16, 2010
Ran into an issue at 85 where the links and descriptions were flipped, so clicking the correct answer would send me to the link of the wrong answer.

Also 108's link didn't have a complete code. The end bracket looks to be missing.

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Jakale said:
Ran into an issue at 85 where the links and descriptions were flipped, so clicking the correct answer would send me to the link of the wrong answer.
Thanks, fixed!

Apr 17, 2009
Same issue as Frappe up above me there. I try to speak up for Columbus in the mutiny it backtracks me to asking Penelope about her lunch. I try saying nothing and it backtracks me to Greta fixing up my leg

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
I really love this Adventure Game, along with the choices I've made because lol I tried blackmailing the king but only ended up with nothing and disappointed people. Though I do have to report an issue.... No matter what I choose, it brings me back to the previous page with the choices I already made and can't progress. This page here.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/pickyourpath/10672-Assassins-Creed-New-World.67

So I can't stick up for Columbus nor say nothing, because it brings me back to the previous page every time sadly.
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Same issue as Frappe up above me there. I try to speak up for Columbus in the mutiny it backtracks me to asking Penelope about her lunch. I try saying nothing and it backtracks me to Greta fixing up my leg
white_wolf said:
Aw I have a glitch I can't get past helping or shunning Columbus.
Fixed! Sorry guys. Please start from http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/pickyourpath/10672-Assassins-Creed-New-World.67 to continue.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
The beginning of this reminded me of the Stanley Parable, that is until the magic space apple. I like the tongue in cheek humour, especially the Matrix bit.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I'm kinda distracted by the thought of Penelope.
http://foglobe.com/data_images/main/penelope-cruz/penelope-cruz-07.jpg

Nice story, I laughed a couple of times. :D

Full

Sep 3, 2012
Still a better out of the animus story than Desmond and his gang of Super Friends.

Also whenever I play these things, I always think to myself that I should probably work on my ethics skills.

At least Jerry has the best new Assistant Community Motivational Manager in training ever.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Excellently done! That one chase scene on the ship nailed the blending techniques in the game, and how to mess them up. How long does it take to make these things?