X-Men: Days of Future Past Gets Six-Second Teaser

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
X-Men: Days of Future Past Gets Six-Second Teaser

A brief teaser for X-Men: Days of Future Past has provided glimpses into the film's take on Wolverine, Professor X, Storm and Magneto.

If you haven't seen it, X-Men: First Class was arguably one of the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/3371-X-Men-First-Class>best superhero movies to come out in recent years, combining the bombast of comic books and the dynamic of a period piece to create an experience that was both fun and, at times, poignant. In turn, its sequel <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121757-Days-of-Future-Past-Connects-All-Previous-X-Men-Films>X-Men: Days of Future Past looks to be upping its ambition to a scale beyond what past X-Men films have ever approached, meshing the casts of multiple films together in an adaptation of one of the comic series' most famous and beloved story lines. Also, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126462-X-Men-Days-Of-Future-Past-Goes-Viral-In-Trask-Industries-Promo>it will have Sentinels.

A feature length trailer for the movie is set to come out next week. That said, the filmmakers, apparently unable to wait that long, have released a six second teaser that, on its own, should be more than enough to leave eager fans even more excited for the film. The teaser in question is pretty much just a series of incredibly brief clips from the movie strung together. That said, it manages to show off a whole smorgasbord of X-goodies including Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, Patrick Stewart and Ian MckKellan as Professor X and Magneto, Halle Berry's Storm, a roaring Beast, and a younger Magneto behaving none-too-friendly toward Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique.

Just personally, as someone who loved First Class and the X-Men in general, this teaser, teeny as it is, has me pretty hyped to see next week's trailer and, of course, the movie when it finally comes out. What do you think? Is this brief video enough to win you over, or are you still waiting to be sold on Days of Future Past?

[instagram=f1nxeADozp]

Source: <a href=http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/x-men-days-future-teaser-footage-released-week-trailer-article-1.1496496>NY Daily News

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Meh, still waiting to be sold, though I'll be very pleased if they actually manage to pull this one off. The story just sounds so... comic-booky.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Competition is fierce with the Cap trailer. I reckon First Class was an anomaly, and this will tank. Really really hope it doesn't

sid

Jan 22, 2013
had to loop it a good 5 times to make sure they hadn't changed wolverine's actor, he looks like a wreck in the video's thumbnail

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
Trailers advertising trailers? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Geez they were able to pack in many micro scenes within six seconds! How many was there in the seconds?

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
It's 6 seconds of angry x men faces and loud noises, I think it's fair to say I am not won over by it yet.

On a slightly related not am I the only one thinks the sentinels for this film looks like it was made by Dyson?

I get that they wanted to make it look more modern but they looked much cooler and less like a household appliance in the comics.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Honestly I did not like First class that much so I am finding it difficult to get excited for this. That being said Wolverine and Nightcrawler are back and they are bringing in Bishop so that will help to peak my interest.

Of cause I will never truly be happy with an X-men film until they introduce a good version of Gambit (my favorite X-man) and Beast as I was indifferent to Grammer playing him in X-3 and in First Class I just found him to be inoying.

Plus this was overshadowed for me by the release of the awesome trailer for Captain America. Fox should take a look because that is how it is done!

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I loved First Class, but I just don't see a way for this film to be good. Connecting all these films together is just going to end in a total cluster.

Battenberg said:
It's 6 seconds of angry x men faces and loud noises, I think it's fair to say I am not won over by it yet.

On a slightly related not am I the only one thinks the sentinels for this film looks like it was made by Dyson?

I get that they wanted to make it look more modern but they looked much cooler and less like a household appliance in the comics.

Heh, the Dyson-Sentinel looks like a regular person or two could knock it over.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I'm still excited for this movie, but worried we're getting to trailer crazy.
Also, you've all noticed the last 3 X-Movies featured something in the history of Nuclear Energy as a plot point, right?
X-Men Origins: Wolverine had its version of Three Mile island, First Class's plot climaxed during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and The Wolverine opened on the bombing of Nagasaki.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Oh dear they seem to have re-cast Halle Berry as Storm. Seriously, they had a chance to burn that bridge to the ground and bury the ashes. Why put her in the movie?

To those of you confused. Halle Berry pretty much used the fact that she is a "big name actress" to get her role as Storm far more screen time than was originally planned by threatening to leave. Pretty much any point that my enjoyment of the first three movies started to drop it was because Storm had to worm her way into the plot to take us on a little adventure or deliver some god awful line.

That said I will probably still see this only because my cousin is a HUGE X-men fan and will drag me to the theater by my hair if I say no. Also I enjoyed First Class and this may prove to at least be a fun ride even if it fails to be a memorable one.

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
What does this do to the timeline? First Class retconned the events of Last Stand & Origins Wolverine

In First Class Erik and Charles parts ways after Charles is paralyzed. Last Stand opens with a Xavier still able to walk, meeting Jean Grey along side Erik. Both of whom are much older than when they parted ways in First Class.

Origins: Wolverine showed an Xavier, still capable of walking, rescuing several mutants including the White Queen who is significantly younger than Xavier at the time. In First Class, when Xavier meets the Queen for the first time she is much older than she was depicted in Origins, and their meeting is under entirely different circumstances.

The Wolverine follows the events of The Last Stand. A movie whose events contradict the events of first class. Then they mash all of these movies together, ignoring their contradictions. WTF?

To be fair, we also see a very "unblue" McCoy briefly on a tv screen in X2, so that contradicts the continuity established in First Class as well. Did they simply say "**** continuity! First class was successful. Make us a sequel with the other guys in it,"?

EDIT:

Moira is also a CIA agent in first class. In last stand she is a physician overlooking the body that Charles transfers his mind into in order to avoid being killed by phoenix.

ChristopherT

Sep 9, 2010
tdylan said:
It's Days of Future Past, basically Timey Wimey stuff. In the original comics it first started as an X-Men character (shadowcat) switching bodies with her future self, where she wonders around a future world where things have gone very bad for mutants and the X-Men. Then at various points throughout the comics it's been revisited with different characters and minor things going this way and that. It was also brought up in the 90s cartoon for a bit. To keep it short, it's a fairly big event in X-Men where a future is seen with the X-Men defeated, and all mutants are criminals, and can it be averted?

Seemingly this movie might use this point to get all the movies on the same page so there's not as many continuity errors.

SerithVC

Dec 23, 2011
Verlander said:
Competition is fierce with the Cap trailer. I reckon First Class was an anomaly, and this will tank. Really really hope it doesn't
First Class was terrible. It took the plot and shot at it with a shot gun to make as many plot holes as it did.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Gizmo1990 said:
Honestly I did not like First class that much so I am finding it difficult to get excited for this. That being said Wolverine and Nightcrawler are back and they are bringing in Bishop so that will help to peak my interest.

Of cause I will never truly be happy with an X-men film until they introduce a good version of Gambit (my favorite X-man) and Beast as I was indifferent to Grammer playing him in X-3 and in First Class I just found him to be inoying.

Plus this was overshadowed for me by the release of the awesome trailer for Captain America. Fox should take a look because that is how it is done!
uhhh, sorry no Nightcrawler. If you saw a blue furry guy that was Beast, and the blue chick you should already know. sorry to disappoint you (yet again it seems).

OT EDIT: I do find it weirdly interesting that they're bringing in Quicksilver in both this and Avengers 2. Sucks that there won't really be a crossover though.

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
People talk about continuity a lot in this films. I am not sure why it's tough, but I look at versions of comics. They have how many different X-Men stories? The problem the studios make, is keeping the same actors. Maybe they should have done first class with no repeat actors...

schrodinger

Jul 19, 2013
I hope they will explain why professor X survived that terrible movie, X men 3. The last time I saw it he was kinda...dead, obliterated by the phoenix.

Also Michael Fassbender is lookin' pretty boss and sexy as fuck.

On the shot where mystique is pulled(dragged?) is that magneto or is it someone else? Mystique is also looking kinda scared. I need details teaser! DETAILS!

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
schrodinger said:
I hope they will explain why professor X survived that terrible movie, X men 3. The last time I saw it he was kinda...dead, obliterated by the phoenix.
They explained it within an easter egg in that same, terrible movie. And it's equally terrible:

Xavier transferred is consciousness into the body of the "brain dead" patient that he was talking to his class about earlier the film. Do you recall him bringing up the question of whether or not it was "ethical" to transfer one's mind to another "blank" body? Well he did just before Phoenix killed him. Why does the body look just like his original one? Brett Ratner says "Fuck you," that's why

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
ChristopherT said:
tdylan said:
It's Days of Future Past, basically Timey Wimey stuff...Seemingly this movie might use this point to get all the movies on the same page so there's not as many continuity errors.
I get that. However, the "time travel, just go with it" doesn't fix continuity errors that existed BEFORE the time travel event. First Class contradicts a lot of things critical things in the later movies, and we haven't even gotten to time travel yet. Granted, it all depends on when and where they place the time travel event, but god! Do I hate the lazy ass "fix it all with time travel" get out of jail free card, rather than planning it out from the beginning so you don't need to fix it with time travel to start with. Or, don't try to shoehorn the films that First Class retconned into the very Universe that retconned them out of existence.