Steam Greenlight Admits Another 100

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Steam Greenlight Admits Another 100

Valve has given the Greenlight to 100 new titles on Steam.

The light, it is green! Green means go, kids, and the green light means that these 100 titles will, sooner or later and barring unforeseen tragedy, make their way to Steam.

12TailsOnline
3079 - An Action RPG
99 Spirits
A Mass of Dead
A.N.N.E.
After Reset RPG
ALLBenchmark Catzilla - Checking Games, Recommendations, Benchmarking
Battle Fortress Tortoise
Beast Boxing Turbo
Cannons Lasers Rockets
Cardinal Quest II
Castaway Paradise
Cloudbuilt
Colonies Online
Cornerstone, The Song of Tyrim
Dead Sky
Deadly 30
Deckadance
Doctor Who: The Adventure Games
Drifter
Enamel
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Eryi's Action
Eschalon: Book II
Estranged: Act I
Everworld Island
Fading Hearts
Festival of Magic
Finding Teddy
Fistful of Frags
Flowstorm
Frozen Hearth
GoD Factory: Wingmen
Gun Disassembly 2
Half-Life: Before
Hero of the Kingdom
Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead
I Shall Remain
iRacing.com
Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery
Jets 'n' Guns
Last Knight
Loren the Amazon Princess
Lost Saga
Luminesca
Magicite
Mines of Mars
Molten Sky
Montas
Nightrealm Tales
Nimble Quest
OddPlanet
Oozi: Earth Adventure
Orc Attack: Flatulent Rebellion
Our Darker Purpose
Paper Monsters
Parallax
Particulars
Pirate Galaxy
Private Infiltrator
Probably 0
Pulse
Purge
Race To Mars
The Real Texas
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages
Risk of Rain
Rogue's Tale
Rollers of the Realm
Savant - Ascent
Science Girls
Shaun of the Sheep - Home Sheep Home 2
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe
Spintires
StageLight
Sub Rosa
Suguri Collection (Suguri + Acceleration of Suguri X-Edition HD)
Survivor Squad
Tales of Maj'Eyal
The Escapists
The Mandate
The Red Solstice
The Somme
The Yawhg
Tower of Guns
Trash TV
Two Brothers
Vanguard Princess
Void Destroyer
Will To Survive
Wings of Vi
Worlds of Magic
WorldShift
XING: The Land Beyond
Xsyon: Prelude
You Are Not The Hero
Zigfrak
Zombeer
Platformines

It's quite the pile, although it's not the first time Steam has thrown the thumbs-up at 100 titles at once. It is, however, the first time I've run into a batch that's left me so unimpressed. I'm happy to see XING: The Land Beyond make the cut and GoD Factory: Wingmen looks like it could be cool, but otherwise (and in my ever-so-humble opinion), there's very little else in here to get excited about.

Still, the more the merrier, and it's nice to see a growing number of indie developers getting into the club. As always, the green light doesn't mean these games are available now - they'll be released individually on Steam as they come ready.

Source: Steam [http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1515752692971060218]

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
I see a few that are interesting. I might check them out. Always nice seeing new developers joining the cool kids club.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
I wonder...I've been starting to hear complaints about how Team Greenlight works and what not.

Of these 100, how many of them are truly quality indie titles? I'm not saying Steam has to be dictating with an iron grip what goes and not goes, but this can easily turn into shovel ware haven.

You know what? Never mind.

I'm not nearly well versed in the going ons of Greenlight to make any sort of judgement on what kinds of games are passing.

CBanana

Aug 10, 2010
Let's see, what do I recognize?

99 Spirits - A combination JRPG/puzzle game. It's not like typical JRPGs in the sense that the non-boss combat is actually interesting and the plot actually branches at a few points.

Beast Boxing Turbo - A polished Punch Out clone with RPG elements.

Eryi's Action - A platformer that like I Wanna Be the Guy, uses fake difficulty for comedy purposes. Unlike IWBTG, Eryi's Action is easier and more puzzle themed.

Loren the Amazon Princess - A Bioware style RPG. The game has a strong emphasis on characterization and relationships. Notably, the protagonist is the sidekick, not the hero of destiny.

Vanguard Princess - Very polished 1 on 1 fighter with very detailed 2d character sprites/animations. Has an all girl cast and the game is very high on fanservice (higher than Skullgirls!).

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
I...don't think they're trying anymore. I mean, sure, some of them are not going to be games I like, but still, you have to question some of the "choices" they've made.

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
So little to be excited about? I beg to differ.

-Suguri Collection (Suguri + Acceleration of Suguri X-Edition HD

Fukkin finally! Been waiting for this to get a proper steam release since it was part of a bundle sometime last year. Can't wait to have an easier time playing this with my friends.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Wanted to give a shoutout to Tales of Maj'Eyal

Arguably one of (or even THE) best roguelikes ever made. Highly polished interface, massive replayability, graphics! and a great community (online chat included w/ game) to help you through the initial learning curve.

If you have any interest at all in roguelikes do yourself a favor and check out this game. You don't even have to wait for steam, you can download it for free now:

http://te4.org/

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
"Beast boxer Turbo?" What sort of beasts are we talking about here? Because, If someone has made a gamewhere you get in a fist-fight with a tiger, I could not give them enough of my money.

Chatboy 91

Feb 25, 2011
As someone who backed A.N.N.E, it's good to hear it was Greenlit. Looking forward to getting my copy with all the physical goodies!

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
The Doctor Who Adventure games? I wonder if they will still be free like they were before (or at least, were at some point). I only played a bit of the first one and it was ok so if they are all bundled up I'd likely get those, unless I find the place that let you download them (legitimately) for £0.00 again.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I'm thinking of two games and wondering if they're on Steam Greenlight, I just don't remember what they're called, anyone know?

One of the games is about a boy and a female android (I think it's an android, a female I'm sure) living in a Yurt I think, there was a trailer for it on here months back.

And the other is a game about some person traveling what appears to be the surface of mars and it's third person and I think you may be an astronaut. I also believe it uses a birds-eye view for the camera.

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
Really glad to see Risk of Rain. Such a neat little roguelike, I dug the demo quite a bit.

Disappointed that Okyntt and Full Bore didn't make it though. I'll definitely have to check out the rest of the games on that list too.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Dr.Awkward said:
I...don't think they're trying anymore. I mean, sure, some of them are not going to be games I like, but still, you have to question some of the "choices" they've made.
who is this "they" you speak of?

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Dragonbums said:
I wonder...I've been starting to hear complaints about how Team Greenlight works and what not.

Of these 100, how many of them are truly quality indie titles? I'm not saying Steam has to be dictating with an iron grip what goes and not goes, but this can easily turn into shovel ware haven.

You know what? Never mind.

I'm not nearly well versed in the going ons of Greenlight to make any sort of judgement on what kinds of games are passing.
I disagree. All of XLIGs quality control forums are Korean, Brazillian, and Hungarian people trolling the forums in hilariously horrible English and posting pictures of unfunny and overused memes.

Basically, I don't want Steam to be like XLIG: sticky with the sweat of plagarism and bad English, along with the horrible monstrosities they call "games". A rumble-pack modifier is a game, sold. For money. It's a dollar.

Louzerman102

Mar 12, 2011
Chatboy 91 said:
As someone who backed A.N.N.E, it's good to hear it was Greenlit. Looking forward to getting my copy with all the physical goodies! (image snip)
I clicked on this just to see if A.N.N.E. was greenlit. I'm happy to see it's going to be on Steam.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
And no panzercorps.. an actual quality game...

Tis a sad day to see asian castrate mmos like wushu online get greenlit but an excelent remake of one of the best strategy games doesnt make the cut... (wushu was greenlit some time ago)

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Karadalis said:
And no panzercorps.. an actual quality game...

Tis a sad day to see asian castrate mmos like wushu online get greenlit but an excelent remake of one of the best strategy games doesnt make the cut... (wushu was greenlit some time ago)
Then promote it.

Post a thread (but not a ranty one), make an announcement, do something to get people to vote, anything. There is a reason why Kickstarters tend to get a free pass with Greenlight, its because most of them have big links to it on their project page and they go out of their way to promote themselves.

I suspect many people no longer bother trawling through Greenlight any-more, so its up to others to show what hidden gems still linger in the cesspit.