Pokemon X and Y Hacker Discovers Three Secret, Unobtainable Pokemon

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Pokemon X and Y Hacker Discovers Three Secret, Unobtainable Pokemon

He also dug up unused mega-evolution for Latias and Latios.

Pokemon X and Y has been out for a few weeks now, and if you thought you had "caught them all" you may want to think again. A hacker that goes by the name Smealum has been searching through the Pokemon X and Y source code and has discovered three, currently unobtainable, legendary Pokemon, as well as unused mega-evolutions for generation III legendaries Latios and Latias.

This is obviously a massive spoiler for those of you who would rather wait for Nintendo to officially reveal them, so i'm going to throw a spoiler tag around the gallery.

[gallery=1859]

The Pokemon (and the mega-evolutions) will most likely be made available via special events, just like the mega-Blaziken event that we kicked off this generation with. The three Pokemon are namde "Diancie" (which looks like maybe a Fairy/Rock type), "Hoopa" (possibly Fairy/Ghost) and "Volcanion" (which, going by the name, is quite obviously a Fire type).

Source: Siliconera [http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml]

Update: A few sources are reporting that the typings are: Diancie - Fairy/Rock, Hoopa - Psychic/Ghost, Volcanion - Fire/Water

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
The names have been around since the games came out. The names were discovered in the GTS. It is not how I pictured them.

MechanicalMonarch

Oct 28, 2010
Volcanion is rumored to be a Fire/Water type, and judging by that weird tank tube thing on his back, I'd put my money on the unique typing.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Pickapok said:
Is it just me or do Mega Latios and Latias look exactly the same?
The base forms are essentially exactly the same, save for being pink or blue

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
Pickapok said:
Except for turning into a fucking jet, yeah, they do, for the most part.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Man these new Pokemon games are making me feel old. Back in my day we didn't have mega evolutions and there was only 150 of those bastards to catch and our secret pokemon was just a big error.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
synobal said:
Man these new Pokemon games are making me feel old. Back in my day we didn't have mega evolutions and there was only 150 of those bastards to catch and our secret pokemon was just a big error.
And there were also countless glitches, issues with slow and quite unbalanced combat mechanics. Get in on the ferpect improvements now.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I do wonder if these were "Dummied Out" or are going to be event Pokemon that just happens to have the data for them in the game.

Dummied out content is data that was part of development, and wasn't removed from the code, but cut out of the game. This is a very common practice. Testing levels, game concepts that just couldn't be finished before the deadline or under budget/the developers figured out they didn't work with the rest of the game is often left on the game disc because the code often overlaps with other parts of the game data.

Programmers know there tightly woven structures of gates and commands works when you have parts A, B, C, and D, but they do not sure if it still works without C. If they do want to outright delete C, they would have to make all kinds of tests to see if it's deletion introduces game breaking bugs, slows down loading times, or otherwise hamper the experience. If that is yes, then you need to search through the code, patching up the holes, and try to replicate what ever C was doing to keep the house of cards upright.

Now, it could be an event/DLC pokemon, and Nintendo decided to leave it on the disc to make things easier.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Terminate421 said:
synobal said:
And there were also countless glitches, issues with slow and quite unbalanced combat mechanics. Get in on the ferpect improvements now.
Yes, lets see...

Psychics were not weak to ghost type attacks, they were IMMUNE, and the one line of ghosts had a poison secondary typing, which was weak to Psychic attacks. Also, ghost type attacks was a physical attacking type, not a special.

Psychics were only weak to bug type pokemon, which was ok since bugs were extremely underpowered.

You could basically nuke the entire game if you had an Alakazam.

You could easily catch them all if you used the Missingno glitch (128 master balls, anyone?)

Critical hits were based on your speed stat. Faster you are, more likely you can murder everything in your path.

Gen 1 Mewtwo is the single most power pokemon, ever. No, not Groudon, Not Kyorge, not even Arcues can compare with the pure destructive horror of that abomination.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Id say at least one in the group is going to be part of a tie in for the next movie.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:
And the sprites on your side of the battle were even worse until gen 2. I honestly want to know how they were ACTUALLY supposed to look like before they got horribly zoomed in. I don't know if it was by accident or by design that they were so pixellated

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
Steven Bogos said:
Pickapok said:
Sorry? From here they both look purple. Yup, just went back, from the pictures you had, both Mega Evolutions STILL look purple. Am I missing something here?

I mean, I'm not surprised they look the same since they're 'unused', I'm just not sure why you're saying they look anything other than purple.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Not G. Ivingname said:
I do wonder if these were "Dummied Out" or are going to be event Pokemon that just happens to have the data for them in the game.
The event Pokemon data is always in the games, 4th and 5th generations event Pokemon were also found by hackers. If the event Pokemon weren't already in the games, you would encounter issues trying to use it in a battle or trade it to someone who hadn't downloaded the data.

Infernal Lawyer said:
Steven Bogos said:
Pickapok said:
Sorry? From here they both look purple. Yup, just went back, from the pictures you had, both Mega Evolutions STILL look purple. Am I missing something here?

I mean, I'm not surprised they look the same since they're 'unused', I'm just not sure why you're saying they look anything other than purple.
I think what they mean is that since Latios and Latias are basically the same (just one is blue and one is red) it's not that strange that the mega evolutions of both of them looks identical.

Also they are probably going o be used. It's highly likely that a Latias/Latios will be given out in an event with a Megastone just like the Torchic was with the games release.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Infernal Lawyer said:
Steven Bogos said:
Pickapok said:

Hmm, looking at the pictures, that's very interesting. Latias is red, latios is blue, and this unused form is purple... maybe not mega evolution but... fusion?

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
Steven Bogos said:
Hmm, looking at the pictures, that's very interesting. Latias is red, latios is blue, and this unused form is purple... maybe not mega evolution but... fusion?
I don't think so, both Genders are clearly different even though the forms looks practically the same. Maybe they just have the same Mega forms? meh.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Not G. Ivingname said:
Terminate421 said:
synobal said:
Yes, lets see...

Psychics were not weak to ghost type attacks, they were IMMUNE, and the one line of ghosts had a poison secondary typing, which was weak to Psychic attacks. Also, ghost type attacks was a physical attacking type, not a special.

Psychics were only weak to bug type pokemon, which was ok since bugs were extremely underpowered.

You could basically nuke the entire game if you had an Alakazam.

You could easily catch them all if you used the Missingno glitch (128 master balls, anyone?)

Critical hits were based on your speed stat. Faster you are, more likely you can murder everything in your path.

Gen 1 Mewtwo is the single most power pokemon, ever. No, not Groudon, Not Kyorge, not even Arcues can compare with the pure destructive horror of that abomination.
Ahhhhh, those were the good ol' days. When you would literally run the floor with a Kadabra. "Kadabra Used PsyBeam! It Killed The Fuck Out Of The Enemy Pokémon!" And yeah, the only thing better than a Kadabra (that is if you didn't get an Alakazam since you had to trade to get it) would be my main man MewTwo himself. I played through the game six times (once on my red version and 5 times on my brother's blue version) just to get six copies of that fucker and make a team out of him.

All my schoolmates hated me. :3

Binkan

Oct 14, 2012
Haha some good ol memories coming back to me when i entered this thread:D Missing no was funny especially if you still had a that Rival to beat and got him then you could randomly fight your rival in tall grass which was hilarious, well if you tried to catch him with a pokeball the game totally couldn't handle his awesomeness and stopped working which pretty much ended all the fun right there:(