More Extinction Trailer Fun From Infinity Ward

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
More Extinction Trailer Fun From Infinity Ward

Why does the sun go on shining? Why does the sea rush to shore?

Last week we got a glimpse of Call of Duty: Ghost's Extinction mode, which seemed to play out in a bang-bang-you're-dead reality. This time out Infinity Ward's laying on the atmosphere, in a cheerful little trailer that just makes you wish you were in Colorado, enjoying the beautiful mountain views and occasional alien infestation. You don't really get any better sense of gameplay than you did before, but there's just something a little more interesting about being dragged to your demise without getting a look at the monstrosity that did it to you.

"Teamwork and communication are essential when playing Extinction," says Infinity Ward, and you can see why. You play as one of Previously [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129066-Call-of-Duty-Ghosts-Alien-Hunting-Extinction-Gamemode-Leaked] there's been focus on the toys and big explosions, but this trailer feels more like an initial scout mission, without the fancy turrets and bombs.

Call of Duty: Ghosts is out November 5th for PC, PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360, a little later for next generation consoles.

Source: Infinity Ward [http://www.youtube.com/user/InfinityWard?feature=watch]

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
The thing I found most interesting about that trailer is that there is a female soldier that actually looks like a soldier instead of a piece of eye-candy. Still non-committal about COD, but that little element is a nice change from the standard visual design.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Since CoD is a yearly release it's good to get as much value out of it as possible. But I'm still not interested because it's still the same old CoD.

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
Hoping to finally pick up a PS3 this holiday season. My reasons are:

1) It will function as a blu ray player in my living room
2) I'm wanting to pick up XCOM: Enemy Within, and was put off by the idea of doubling down on the achievements that I've already gotten in Enemy Unknown on the 360

COD Ghost's Extinction mode actually has me intrigued enough that PS3 free online play may make it worth picking up. Of course, this COD so it may be worth it to wait until next year's iteration when they have whatever bugs/tweaks are discovered in this one worked out.

Also, I can't see that this mode alone will be worth picking up the game @ full price. Time will tell.

m72_ar

Oct 27, 2010
Never thought I'm gonna see the day where CoD is more "innovative" than Battlefield

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Could this be the premise of the entire campaign too, please? Enough with gritty realistic enemies, let's get a good FPS alien shoot 'em up goin. Almost enough to make me start thinking about starting to want to buy a next gen system, almost.

Also, I am very pleased with the female model so far.