Gran Turismo 6 Has a Secret Lunar Rover Moon Level

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Gran Turismo 6 Has a Secret Lunar Rover Moon Level

Gran Turismo 6 boldy goes where no driving game has gone before.

The "start your engines" trailer for Gran Turismo 6 to the right seems normal enough on the surface, showing off the game's gorgeous graphics and extensive attention-to-detail. But, did you catch a glimpse of something strange right at the very end? Right at 2:34, there's a clear shot of the lunar rover driving around on the surface of the moon. Secret moon level confirmed?

Is this a secret mission, or just some kind of cutscene? Will we be able to drive the lunar rover on earth? Will we be able to drive other cars on the surface of the moon? These are the questions that Polyphony Digital have yet to provide answers for. We'll just have to wait until the game's December 6 release date to find out.

In a separate space-related trailer [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfgBFuC8x-g], Polyphony also shows off the game's fancy time transition and astronomy effects. Yeah, you read that right: astronomy effects. Gran Turismo 6 will feature accurate real life constellations at night that move across the screen like they do in real life.

At this point, nothing would surprise me about Gran Turismo 6. If they announced that each of the individual spectators of the races had their own separate AI and personalities, and would cheer more or less depending on their particular mood that day, I would not be surprised.

The series is famous for being as detailed as humanly possible, and it looks to be taking full advantage of the PS3's aging hardware to achieve this.

Source: VG24/7 [http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/05/gran-turismo-6-lets-you-drive-the-lunar-lander-on-the-moon-where-else/]

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
Well it's not really a secret if you just go around telling everybody, now is it? Honestly, people.

falkTX

Nov 5, 2013
Steven Bogos said:
The series is famous for being as detailed as humanly possible, and it looks to be taking full advantage of the PS4's beefy hardware to achieve this.
Gran Turismo 6 is for the PS3 actually

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
falkTX said:
Steven Bogos said:
The series is famous for being as detailed as humanly possible, and it looks to be taking full advantage of the PS4's beefy hardware to achieve this.
Gran Turismo 6 is for the PS3 actually
You're right! That makes it even more impressive

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
THIS IS THE KIND OF SHIT THAT WOULD GET ME TO BUY A REALISTIC RACING SIM! Ever since GT on the PSX, I couldn't understand what people saw in these games. I've written off the entire series as a glorified tech demo, showing off how pretty the PSX, PS2, PS3 and (soon) PS4 can be (so long as you shell out for the price of admission). A level wherein you race a fucking Lunar Rover...ON FUCKING LUNA...just might entice me enough to buy the thing. What shocks me though is how this isn't DLC...I would seriously buy this within the first week if the lunar level is on-disc, unlocked when it comes to BS download or, registration codes, etc.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
oh excellent i was thinking "damn i will go stupid and buy a PS4 and then not play it just because of this [GT6]" but now i know it is on the PS3 i will stupidly go out and buy it because i have some strange addiction to gran turismo games i only have every single one of them and the trailer got me really excited

EDIT: and i gotta know what that music is its really good pitty neither sound hound nor shazzam know what it is

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
No don't tell me your secrets! Dammit I did not enter into the secret keeping pact with you bogos! Dammit!

Toadfish1

May 28, 2013
Its real. Unfortunately, this music keeps playing over and over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60BjkUtqxPE

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
Did they finally fix that handbrake? oh and what about car damage? still not implemented? I'm guessing car manufacturers don't want to see their babies in a bad shape :(

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
Knowing Polyphony, if there is a moon level you won't be able to drive most cars on it. Why?

No air for their engines to run on!

But we might get electric cars running on the moon... ..anybody else want to go race the i-MiEV around the Apollo landing site?