Steam Machine Beta Testers Will Get Metro: Last Light Bundled In

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Steam Machine Beta Testers Will Get Metro: Last Light Bundled In

300 beta testers will be getting a Machine.

Valve's Steam Machines are on their way, but beta testing comes first. Only 300 prototypes are being shipped out, but each and every one of those prototypes will come with Metro: Last Light bundled in. Developer 4A Games is very excited to be bringing its post-apocalypse survival title to Steam's OS. "Metro: Last Light will be a great showcase for SteamOS and the Steam Controller," says 4A's Oles Shishkovstov.

The prototype Machines will be going to Valve's pool of potential tester candidates. Of that group, 30 have been chosen based on past contributions and their current beta participation. The rest are chosen at random from the pool, and all will get their Machines free of charge. Valve's planning on getting a variety of Machines to market in mid-2014, each variant intended to satisfy a different consumer base.

"It isn't until this coming year when there are going to be enough of those pieces that all work together that we can say in a credible way to all of our customers," said Valve's Greg Coomer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129299-First-Steam-Machine-Prototype-Pictures-Published] when the 2014 announcement was made, "Hey, if you're one of the people who likes to play games in the living room - and we know there are a lot of you - now we have enough dots connected that we think you should try this.'"

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-07-metro-last-light-to-come-bundled-with-prototype-steam-machines]

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I so hope I'm chosen I really really want my hands on that new controller.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Too bad the chances of being a beta tester are literally one in a million :(

NathLines

May 23, 2010
I might as well take this chance and tell you that everyone in the the Steam Universe Group(all 900 000 who signed up for a chance to beta test) got the original Metro 2033 for free. So that's nice.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
NathLines said:
I might as well take this chance and tell you that everyone in the the Steam Universe Group(all 900 000 who signed up for a chance to beta test) got the original Metro 2033 for free. So that's nice.
Everyone got the original Metro 2033 for free. Couple months ago the developers gave a link on thier facebook profile (i dont have facebook, but i could see it without having to register) to a site where you can download an installer and get a CD key for the game. unlimited copies. anyone that wanted got it all completely free. This was right around the launch of Last Light, so iguess they were creating interest.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
TheSniperFan said:
Zeckt said:
Well no. It's 1:421,842
Still a small chance, but at least more than twice as high as one to a million. xD
You just raised my hopes XD Seriously though, how awesome would that be...

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
TheSniperFan said:
chozo_hybrid said:
TheSniperFan said:
Zeckt said:
Well no. It's 1:421,842
Still a small chance, but at least more than twice as high as one to a million. xD
You just raised my hopes XD Seriously though, how awesome would that be...
I know it's VERY, VERY, VERY dumb, but I for a short time I have imagined what it would be like getting the message that you'll get one of those Titan + i7 boxes... *___*

To make matters worse I have made a huge mistake in my past calculation. 1:421,842 is the chance of getting one box. There are 300 though and no one will get two, so the chance of getting one is roughly 300 times higher than what I said before. At last, the statistic lessons pay off. :D
Wooo! Steam Machine, here I come!

I know I probably won't get one, but still, that's awesome to know.